- A shirtless Thierry Henry reacts to New York Red Bulls 1 – New England Revolution 2 [Video]
- Still Got It! 41 year old Cuauhtemoc Blanco scores free-kick for Puebla v Santos Laguna
- (Chelsea’s) Fernando Torres has disappointing 73 minutes in AC Milan 1 – Inter 1 [Individual Highlights]
- AC Milan 1 – Inter Milan 1 [Video Highlights]
- ‘Oh No You Don’t!’ Xavi forced Messi back out onto pitch to receive guard of honour [GIF]
Vote: Top 10 goals of the week
It’s an absolute rip roaring selection of golazos this week.
Radamel Falcao’s opener in the Europa League final gets things going, swiftly followed by a classy back heel from “The Goose.”
Next up is a goal of the season contender from Japan and some classy footwork by Franck Ribery. With a great goal you won’t have seen from Brazil at 5.
Then its off to America for a trademark David Beckham free-kick and there are two more MLS goals from the weekend. A belter by Lee Nguyen against his former club and that rarest of species: a headed goal from outside the box by Sebastian Miranda.
The list closes out with the most important Premier League goal ever (which wasn’t included for its aesthetic beauty, although it was a fine run) and a genius dinked finish from everyone’s favourite veteran Udinese striker.
Vote below. Accuse 101gg of bias towards [insert team/player here] in the comments. Cheers!
1. Radamel Falcao (1st goal) (Altetico Madrid v Athletic Bilbao, May 9, 2012)
2. Paulo Henrique Ganso (Santos v Bolivar, May 10, 2012)
3. Toshihiro Aoyama (Sanfrece Hiroshima v Yokohama F. Marinos, May 12, 2012)
4. Franck Ribery (Borussia Dortmund v Bayern Munich, May 12, 2012)
5. Somalia (Ponte Preta v Sao Paulo, May 12, 2012)
6. David Beckham (Montreal Impact v LA Galaxy, May 12, 2012)
7. Lee Nguyen (New England Revolution v Vancouver Whitecaps, May 12, 2012)
8. Sebastian Miranda (Columbus Crew v FC Dallas, May 12, 2012)
9. Sergio Aguero (Manchester City v QPR, May 13, 2012)
10. Antonio Di Natale (Catania v Udinese, May 13, 2012)
Narrowly missed: Fernando Mosquera, Radamel Falcao (second goal v Bilbao), Juan Roman Riquelme, Nilton, Mustafa Dana, Junior Fernandes, Chris Rene Aase, Nir Biton, Vasili Maftei, Renzo Sheput, Carlos Sanchez, Avi Knafo, Neymar, Erik Mjelde & Mariano Pavone.
- Updated: May 14, 2012