Top 10 goals of the week
- May 28, 2012
The 101 Greatest Goals of 2011/2012 list was released six days ago and voting is still open.
Considering it has been the week after the Champions League final, traditionally the list match of the season, there shouldn’t even be a list of any note below.
However, proving that football never stops, there are some absolute crackers below.
We kick off with a brilliant free-kick you won’t have seen followed by an acrobatic effort from the MLS by former Aston Villa striker Juan Pablo Angel before another goal from the US of A, a howitzer by Emilio Renteria.
The “David Beckham of Iraq” chips in with goal 4, and at spot 5 is a really well worked free-kick which will hopefully placate those who say we don’t have enough team goals in these weekly lists.
Jasmin Kurtic then chips in with an “unsaveable” free-kick before the most eye catching of the top goals, Alecsandro’s bicycle kick.
We close out with Michael Bradley’s picture perfect strike v Scotland, Nick Powell showing the world why he is reportedly Manchester United-bound and then a terrific goal from a man known best for being part of Kasabian.
Enjoy the goals & vote in our poll below.
1. Rizal Fahmi (Kelantan v Terengganu, May 23, 2012)
2. Juan Pablo Angel (New York Red Bulls v Chivas USA, May 23, 2012)
3. Emilio Renteria (Seattle Sounders v Columbus Crew, May 23, 2012)
4. Nashat Akram (Iraq v Sierra Leone, May 23, 2012)
5. Admir Mehmedi (Switzerland v Germany, May 26, 2012)
6. Jasmin Kurtic (Slovenia v Greece, May 26, 2012)
7. Alecsandro (Portuguesa v Vasco, May 26, 2012)
8. Michael Bradley (USA v Scotland, May 26, 2012)
9. Nick Powell (Crewe v Cheltenham, May 27, 2012)
10. Serge Pizzorno (England v Rest of the World, May 27, 2012)