Top 10 Goals of the Week
- June 11, 2012
We will hazard a guess and say we are pretty certain who will scoop the goal of the week and in truth, such were Lionel Messi’s heroics against Brazil that he would surely have won it had it been a much busier week.
Euro 2012 kicked off and there were plenty of international matches but there is no “narrowly missed” list as we just have 10 Golazos to feast upon this Monday afternoon.
Karim Benzema gets things rolling with a cracker against Estonia, then we are treated to a classy back heel from Armenia and then a long range strike from the US Open Cup.
A couple of Brazilian free-kicks pop up at positions 4 and 5 before our first and only goal from Euro 2012 hit by former Spurs striker Roman “Pav” Pavlyuchenko. Blas Perez rockets in the seventh strike in the list before Lionel Messi takes centre stage.
Vasco da Gama pop up with two goals to close out the 10. Sit back, enjoy and why not vote for someone other than Messi :)
1. Karim Benzema (France v Estonia, June 5, 2012)
2. Gevorg Ghazaryan (Armenia v Kazakhstan, June 5, 2012)
3. Osvaldo Alonso (Seattle Sounders v Cal FC, June 6, 2012)
4. Neto Baiano (Vitoria v America RN, June 6, 2012)
5. Andres D’Alessandro (Internacional v Sao Paulo, June 6, 2012)
6. Roman Pavlyuchenko (Russia v Czech Republic, June 8, 2012)
7. Blas Perez (Panama v Honduras, June 8, 2012)
8. Lionel Messi (Argentina v Brazil, June 9, 2012)
9. Juninho Pernambucano (Bahia v Vasco, June 10, 2012)
10. Diego Souza (Bahia v Vasco, June 10, 2012)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi