- Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo DID in fact shake Michel Platini’s hand [Picture]
- Newcastle v Sunderland [Team Sheets]
- AC Milan’s Jeremy Menez flicked Daniele De Rossi’s balls during 0-0 draw with Roma [GIF]
- Arsenal have bid €40m for Palermo’s Paulo Dybala, Borussia Dortmund are offering €48m [Clarin]
- Nemanja Vidic set to leave Inter Milan on loan for Juventus, not Man United [La Stampa]
PRICE BOOST: Carl Froch 3/1, George Groves 4/1 in the biggest UK boxing rematch of the century [Betting Odds]
Wembley Stadium will host the most hyped boxing match in recent British boxing history on Saturday night when Carl Froch and George Groves meet in the ring for the second time.
George Groves, 26, the former amateur champion as well as the former Commonwealth and British titleholder in the super middleweight division, has it all to prove after he lost the first fight against Froch in hugely controversial circumstances.
Back in the first bout in November, the fight was stopped by Howard Foster Jr in the ninth round in favour of Carl Froch.
That defeat, however, hasn’t harmed Groves’ self-belief, and this week he ranted:
Technically, in a purely boxing sense, I’ll beat Carl Froch every day of the week. If he wants to fall apart mentally, so be it. I’m going to do what I do and I don’t think Carl could last three rounds at that pace.
The bookies have Carl Froch as slight favourite, and that’s surely down to their 36-year-old fighter’s incredible track record.
Froch has only lost twice in his 34-fight career and, despite underestimating Groves in November 2013, he dug deep, fought back and won.
By contrast, George Groves has 19 wins (including 15 knockouts) and one defeat from 20 professional fights.
Who do you think will win the “Unfinished Business” rematch?
- Updated: May 29, 2014