Great betting offer: 4/1 on Australia to win the Derby + £25 Matched Bet
- June 5, 2014
The 2014 Investec Derby, on Saturday June 7, should be a tough race to call with forecasts on the day suggesting torrential rain and harsh weather conditions for the south-east of England.
In the days leading up to the Derby in Epsom, the Met Office expect dry weather but the race itself could be proceeded on the day by flash floods, thunder and lightning.
On Thursday morning, clerk of the course Andrew Cooper Tweeted that we can expect a course that is “Good, Good to Soft in places.”
The undoubted favourite to win the Derby is Australia – who with some bookies can be backed at 11/10.
Trainer Aidan O’Brien had this to say about Australia: “He’s a Derby horse we’ve not had the like of before. I thought Camelot was the best horse we had for the Derby, but this horse is another step up. The very first time he worked as a two-year-old we knew he was exceptional and the lads always rated him. I’ve never had a horse like this. I’m not trying to blow him up, I’m just saying how it is. For a horse by Galileo to be doing what he’s doing, we’ve never had that before.”
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi