- Openly gay footballer Robbie Rogers speaks about overwhelming support after coming out [Video]
- Crystal Palace have opportunity to sign out-of-favour AC Milan striker Giampaolo Pazzini [Standard]
- Five of the best AC Milan moments at AS Roma, featuring Ibrahimovic, Shevchenko and a Scudetto win [Video]
- Mike Bassett wishes Arsenal fans a Merry Christmas & offers Arsene Wenger some advice [Video]
- Real Madrid’s Dani Carvajal smashed up a controller after Isco beat him in FIFA [Tweets]
Great betting offer: 4/1 on Australia to win the Derby + £25 Matched Bet
The 2014 Investec Derby, on Saturday June 7, should be a tough race to call with forecasts on the day suggesting torrential rain and harsh weather conditions for the south-east of England.
In the days leading up to the Derby in Epsom, the Met Office expect dry weather but the race itself could be proceeded on the day by flash floods, thunder and lightning.
On Thursday morning, clerk of the course Andrew Cooper Tweeted that we can expect a course that is “Good, Good to Soft in places.”
The undoubted favourite to win the Derby is Australia – who with some bookies can be backed at 11/10.
Trainer Aidan O’Brien had this to say about Australia: “He’s a Derby horse we’ve not had the like of before. I thought Camelot was the best horse we had for the Derby, but this horse is another step up. The very first time he worked as a two-year-old we knew he was exceptional and the lads always rated him. I’ve never had a horse like this. I’m not trying to blow him up, I’m just saying how it is. For a horse by Galileo to be doing what he’s doing, we’ve never had that before.”
- Updated: June 5, 2014