Thomas Muller says he rejected Man United & higher wages to stay at Bayern Munich [Bild]
German tabloid Bild have an interview with Bayern Munich forward Thomas Muller on Wednesday in which the German World Cup winner openly discussed an official approach from Manchester United earlier this summer.
Muller, who scored 26 goals in all competitions last term, was the subject of an official bid from Old Trafford, however the attacking midfielder chose to reject the approach out of hand.
Muller told Bild:
[On Manchester United’s multi million euros offer], of course, I was aware that I could theoretically earn more with a transfer.
The sums that were standing by foreign clubs in the room were already astronomical.
I can only say: For me, a change was never really an issue anyway. FC Bayern is my club.
(Credit to @ for the translation)
Watch Live Stream
- Bayern boss Carlo Ancelotti explains why he doesn’t care that Xabi Alonso is slow (Video)October 21, 2016
- Jerome Boateng couldn’t eat for two days after Bayern’s Champions League final loss to ChelseaOctober 19, 2016
- Skills: Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery humiliated by a fan (Video)October 13, 2016
- Bayern Munich stars dominate 2016 Golden Boy votes [France Football]October 13, 2016
- Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs: Marouane Fellaini was a ‘panic buy’October 22, 2016
- Real Madrid discussed Paul Pogba deal with Mino Raiola in the summer [Marca]October 22, 2016
- Jose Mourinho confirms he was never friends with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich (Video)October 22, 2016
- Tim Sherwood thinks Manchester City could buy Michael Carrick in January (Video)October 22, 2016
- Germany’s Mesut Ozil sets up Thomas Muller to score the most Thomas Muller goal ever (Video)September 4, 2016
- Revealed: The 10 most popular Fantasy Football players at Euro 2016June 10, 2016
- Mario Gotze & Thomas Muller earn Germany a 2-0 win over Hungary (Videos)June 4, 2016
- Thomas Müller & Pep Guardiola argue over tactics before Bayern’s title partyMay 7, 2016