Thomas Muller says he rejected Man United & higher wages to stay at Bayern Munich [Bild]
German tabloid Bild have an interview with Bayern Munich forward Thomas Muller on Wednesday in which the German World Cup winner openly discussed an official approach from Manchester United earlier this summer.
Muller, who scored 26 goals in all competitions last term, was the subject of an official bid from Old Trafford, however the attacking midfielder chose to reject the approach out of hand.
Muller told Bild:
[On Manchester United’s multi million euros offer], of course, I was aware that I could theoretically earn more with a transfer.
The sums that were standing by foreign clubs in the room were already astronomical.
I can only say: For me, a change was never really an issue anyway. FC Bayern is my club.
(Credit to @ for the translation)
Watch Live Stream
- Jose Mourinho trolls Bayern after saying Schweinsteiger first-team return is ‘not impossible’ (Video)August 26, 2016
- Bayern Munich stars Arturo Vidal & Xabi Alonso Vs 40 kids (Video)August 24, 2016
- Adidas upload full Bayern Never Follows advert and it’s awesomely trippy (Video)August 24, 2016
- Bayern Munich v Werder Bremen: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-08-26August 20, 2016
- ‘Bad challenge’ : Man United’s Luke Shaw speaks for first time about Hector Moreno’s tackle on himAugust 27, 2016
- Jose Mourinho reiterates how ‘amazing’ he thinks Marcus Rashford is, promises game time [Quotes]August 27, 2016
- Don’t ever be late for a rendez-vous with Paul Pogba (Video)August 26, 2016
- Jose Mourinho calls Manchester United’s Europa League group ‘Champions League’ (Video)August 26, 2016
- Revealed: The 10 most popular Fantasy Football players at Euro 2016June 10, 2016
- Mario Gotze & Thomas Muller earn Germany a 2-0 win over Hungary (Videos)June 4, 2016
- Thomas Müller & Pep Guardiola argue over tactics before Bayern’s title partyMay 7, 2016
- Sunderland’s Fabio Borini compares himself to Bayern Munich star Thomas Muller [Guardian]April 29, 2016