Thomas Muller says he rejected Man United & higher wages to stay at Bayern Munich [Bild]
German tabloid Bild have an interview with Bayern Munich forward Thomas Muller on Wednesday in which the German World Cup winner openly discussed an official approach from Manchester United earlier this summer.
Muller, who scored 26 goals in all competitions last term, was the subject of an official bid from Old Trafford, however the attacking midfielder chose to reject the approach out of hand.
Muller told Bild:
[On Manchester United’s multi million euros offer], of course, I was aware that I could theoretically earn more with a transfer.
The sums that were standing by foreign clubs in the room were already astronomical.
I can only say: For me, a change was never really an issue anyway. FC Bayern is my club.
(Credit to @ for the translation)
Watch Live Stream
- Looks like Liverpool keeper Loris Karius takes after Bayern Munich’s Manuel NeuerSeptember 25, 2016
- Bayern Munich want to sign Liverpool’s star asset [Express]September 25, 2016
- Will he get in trouble? Bayern’s Franck Ribery was incredibly cheeky v HamburgSeptember 24, 2016
- Bayern Munich close to some great Robert Lewandowski news [Bild]September 21, 2016
- Man United legend Nemanja Vidic is flattered by comparisons to Eric Bailly [Quotes]September 26, 2016
- The Man United squad WhatsApp group chat with Wayne Rooney after Leicester win [Spoof]September 26, 2016
- Jesse Lingard trolls Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford with hilarious Snapchats (Video)September 26, 2016
- Man United’s Antonio Valencia reacts to claims he cheated on his wife with Sophie VågsæterSeptember 26, 2016
- Germany’s Mesut Ozil sets up Thomas Muller to score the most Thomas Muller goal ever (Video)September 4, 2016
- Revealed: The 10 most popular Fantasy Football players at Euro 2016June 10, 2016
- Mario Gotze & Thomas Muller earn Germany a 2-0 win over Hungary (Videos)June 4, 2016
- Thomas Müller & Pep Guardiola argue over tactics before Bayern’s title partyMay 7, 2016