The €1bn window: Man United’s €122m net spend, Arsenal €46.4m, Liverpool €35.7m & more
A huge thanks to the good people at @sportingintel for putting this data together.
As Sky Sports News kept on enjoying reminding people on transfer deadline day, the 2014 summer window was the highest spending window of all time.
Posting mind-bogglingly high numbers, the Premier League clubs spent more than €1 billion collectively, or £857.7 million of the Queen’s coinage.
Taking a broad-brush look at what happened, Southampton were the big money makers in the summer as the Saints swelled their coffers by €30.7 million.
Only two other Premier League clubs made money, with Daniel Levy’s Tottenham raising their P/L by €6.5m, and Chelsea also posted a transfer profit of €800,000.
As for the big spenders, Manchester United had the biggest outlay, with a total net spend of €122 million.
Man United’s spending dwarfed their rivals by a considerable margin, as Arsenal were the second biggest net spenders at €46.4m, Liverpool paid out €35.7m, while Roberto Martinez’s Everton came in fourth shelling out €32.8 million.
Thumb over all the Premier League spending stats above.
Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
Open a new account with William Hill, Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
Watch Live Stream
- Jack Wilshere responds to Jamie Redknapp’s prediction that he won’t return to ArsenalOctober 24, 2016
- Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote talks about his Arsenal takeover plans (BBC Audio)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal to rescue Yaya Toure from Man City [Express]October 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil & Man United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic slammed on the BBC (Video)October 23, 2016
- Burn: Chelsea’s Antonio Conte hit back at Jose Mourinho’s moaning with epic zingerOctober 24, 2016
- Mesut Who? You won’t believe the player leading the Premier League Assists ChartOctober 24, 2016
- John Terry congratulates Chelsea team-mates on 4-0 win over Man United [Instagram]October 23, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic slated for smiling after Man United’s 4-0 defeat v Chelsea [Tweets]October 23, 2016
- Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 24, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp admits that Simon Mignolet isn’t happy with his current situation (Video)October 24, 2016
- Liverpool in talks with Steven Gerrard over a return to Anfield [The Express]October 23, 2016
- Joel Matip heaps praise on Philippe Coutinho following West Brom winOctober 23, 2016