Sporting Lisbon reject a €25 million bid from Arsenal for William Carvalho [A Bola]
The front page of Portuguese paper A Bola on Thursday carves out a small space to inform readers that Arsenal have had an official approach for William Carvalho rejected.
According to the headline, Sporting Lisbon have refused to sell the defensive midfielder to the Gunners are receiving a bid of €25 million.
The bid seems to have failed as Sporting are seeking a higher valuation on their prized asset, and by all accounts Arsenal will return with an improved offer before the transfer window closes in 10 days time.
Arsenal appear to be in need of more bodies in midfield after Mikel Arteta picked up an injury in the Champions League match against Besiktas on Tuesday night.
See a copy of the front page of A Bola on Thursday below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal star Alex Iwobi plays FIFA and Chills with Copa 90 (Video)September 29, 2016
- It looks like Theo Walcott is finally making good on his Alexis Sanchez arrival warningSeptember 29, 2016
- Theo Walcott on playing at a different level, post Arsenal-Basel interview (video)September 29, 2016
- Spurs star Sonaldo nutmegs Arsenal youngster Calum Chambers (video)September 29, 2016
- Man United battle Real Madrid for a Portuguese winger [Record]September 27, 2016
- Sporting Club president wants Cristiano Ronaldo to retire at his boyhood club [Quotes]September 12, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo reveals he’s still a Sporting CP member [Record]September 11, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell scores for Sporting CP (Video)September 10, 2016