RUMOUR: Man United reach an agreement with Juventus’ Arturo Vidal [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
The morning after that 4-0 drumming at the MK Dons in the Capital One Cup, Manchester United fans have good reason to have a massive smile on their faces again.
According to reports coming out of Italy, after months and months of chasing, Manchester United seem closer than ever to signing Chilean star Arturo Vidal from Juventus.
Of course, should the deal come to fruition, the Red Devils will be buying one of the best midfielders in world football who should make a major difference to Louis van Gaal’s flagging side.
Needless to say the Vidal rumours come with plenty of speculation.
According to Gazzetta Dello Sport, the word on the street is that Man United have reached an agreement with Vidal, after the player’s agent was in Manchester on Tuesday.
Gazzetta also bring a huge dollop of circumstantial evidence to their story, reporting that Vidal left Juve’s training centre Vinovo yesterday by avoiding eye contact with the fans; seemingly an indication that he is off to Old Trafford.
As for Juventus, the Bianconeri are strongly denying rumours that any deal has been done, steadfastly claiming that United have yet to even lodge an official bid with the Turin giants.
Gazzetta end off by saying everything will be clear in the next 24-48 hours, with Juventus eyeing up Fredy Guarin as a possible replacement should United finally get their man.
Man United are set to spend €42 million on Vidal.
(Credit to @Juventus__fan for the screengrab & updates)
Watch Live Stream
- Bayern Munich stars Arturo Vidal & Xabi Alonso Vs 40 kids (Video)August 24, 2016
- Arturo Vidal scores Behind-the-Goal trick shot at Chile training pre-Argentina (Video)June 25, 2016
- Mixed reports surface over Arturo Vidal leaving Bayern to join ChelseaApril 27, 2016
- Arturo Vidal calls for Alexis Sanchez to quit Arsenal to join BayernApril 19, 2016
- Gianluigi Donnarumma made a world-class save to secure AC Milan’s win v Juventus (Video)October 22, 2016
- Manuel Locatelli scores cracking goal to secure AC Milan win over JuventusOctober 22, 2016
- Real Madrid discussed Paul Pogba deal with Mino Raiola in the summer [Marca]October 22, 2016
- PSG star agrees to join Juventus at end of the season [Tuttosport]October 21, 2016
- Gary Neville bemoans Man United’s midfield problem despite £200m investmentOctober 24, 2016
- Subdued Birthday wishes for Wayne Rooney after Manchester United’s 4-0 thrashing at ChelseaOctober 24, 2016
- Jose Mourinho’s record after 14 Manchester United games is worse than David Moyes’October 24, 2016
- Manchester United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic is going through his longest goal drought in 10 yearsOctober 24, 2016