Real’s Xabi Alonso is up for sale amid concerns he’s lost too much weight [El Confidencial]
The lead story for El Confidencial on Tuesday is the news that Real Madrid are open to selling Xabi Alonso this summer amid concerns he’s lost too much weight.
The former Liverpool midfielder is said to be worrying Real’s coaching staff with his lack of fitness during pre-season.
The report details how manager Carlo Ancelotti have noticed Alonso has “little strength” in these early days of training, while they also believe the Spanish international has dropped significant pounds.
All of those factors have lead Real to conclude that the 32-year-old’s future at the Santiago Bernabeu is up for sale. The paper, however, fail to report just how much Xabi Alonso would cost, nor do they disclose which clubs may be interested in buying the midfielder.
It’s also worth noting that Alonso appears to have fallen behind Luka Modric and Toni Kroos in the pecking order for next season, while Real have also been rumoured to be chasing Wolfsburg’s Luiz Gustavo for 25 million euros.
Watch Live Stream
- Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund: Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 6, 2016
- Xavi Hernandez explains why Cristiano Ronaldo probably did nothing wrong over tax scandalDecember 5, 2016
- Real Madrid offer rejected for wonderkid Alexander Isak. Chelsea still in the mix [Expressen]December 5, 2016
- Barca legend Xavi talks about Cristiano Ronaldo’s financial problems [Rac1]December 5, 2016
- Bayern boss Carlo Ancelotti explains why he doesn’t care that Xabi Alonso is slow (Video)October 21, 2016
- Liverpool’s top 10 best cheeky chips & lobbed goals (official video)October 21, 2016
- Xabi Alonso explains tactical differences between Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola (Video)September 9, 2016
- Bayern’s Xabi Alonso believes Liverpool 2009 side had best ‘spine’ he’s ever played inSeptember 3, 2016