Portuguese paper Record reveal Liverpool up efforts to sign FC Porto striker Jackson Martinez
With around six weeks to go before the winter transfer window opens, one team in England who desperately need to bring in some extra quality is LIverpool.
Fresh from a 3-1 defeat at Crystal Palace last weekend, Liverpool have problems all over the pitch, with finding goals just one of the pressing issues for Brendan Rodgers.
Having sold Luis Suarez to Barcelona last summer, Liverpool have so far be unable to replace the Uruguayan’s impact up top, particularly as Daniel Sturridge has been repeatedly injured this campaign.
With Mario Balotelli also not looking like the solution tho the Reds problems, today’s edition of Portuguese paper Record has on it’s front page that Liverpool are chasing FC Porto striker Jackson Martinez.
Record take their lead from a report in the Daily Star, claiming LIverpool are ready to bid 30 million pounds for the Colombian striker.
Man City v Bayern Munich – EXCLUSIVE OFFER!
Watch Live Stream
- Jamie Carragher destroys Liverpool for Bournemouth display on MNFDecember 6, 2016
- Revealed: Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino has an anti-Arsenal clause in his contractDecember 6, 2016
- Liverpool set for a Champions League return at BarcelonaDecember 5, 2016
- Layton Ndukwu scores from his own half for Leicester U23s v Liverpool (video)December 5, 2016
- Man United keen on €60m Porto striker Andre Silva [Daily Record]November 15, 2016
- Arsenal have been scouting Porto’s Andre Silva since last year’s U20WC [O Jogo]October 6, 2016
- Leicester v Porto: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016
- Everton very close to signing Yacine Brahimi from Porto [Ojogo]August 30, 2016