Marouane Fellaini has already met Napoli to seal his move from Man United [CdS]
The biggest story on the front page of Corriere Dello Sport on Wednesday is news of Marouane Fellaini’s impending move from Manchester United to Napoli.
The Belgian was signed by David Moyes for 27 million pounds last summer, but never manage to convince the fans that he was a worthy United player, looking out of place in central midfield, having done most of his good work at Everton as a false-forward destroyer.
The English press broke the news earlier this week that Fellaini is now on the verge of a move to Naples, and that story is rubber-stamped by Corriere Dello Sport, who reveal the parties have already had a face-to-face meeting to discuss the transfer.
According to reports, Fellaini and his representatives sat down with Napoli on Sunday, July 15th, at the Sheraton Hotel near the Brussels International Airport in Zaventem.
As to the terms of the proposed move, Manchester United are said to want to sell off Fellaini for as little as 19 million euros, whilst Napoli are angling to try sign the afro-haired star on loan before committing themselves to a permanent deal.
Another issue which the clubs need to work out is payment, or renegotiation, of Fellaini’s 3 million euro a season pay packet.
Corriere Dello Sport round off their article by stating that, despite the financial issues which need to be agreed, all indications are that the clubs are working hard to find common ground so that the deal will materialise.
Watch Live Stream
- The 10 most Tweeted about transfers in the summer window ft. Man United & ArsenalAugust 31, 2016
- Isco deal off as Spurs make move for Man United’s Morgan SchneiderlinAugust 31, 2016
- Eric Bailly’s awesome celebration for Man United winner at Hull (official video)August 31, 2016
- Man United’s Paul Pogba gets a new ‘snake’ haircut [Instagram Video]August 31, 2016
- Jose Mourinho confirms Marouane Fellaini has a ‘bad’ back injury (Video)August 27, 2016
- Marouane Fellaini hailed as a hero after Man United’s late win at HullAugust 27, 2016
- Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho explains how he reached out to ‘unloved’ Marouane FellainiAugust 20, 2016
- Man Utd’s Marouane Fellaini compared to Paul Pogba after brillliant ‘assist’ for Leicester [Tweets]August 7, 2016
- Mad: Napoli try to sign Tottenham’s Harry Kane [Di Marzio]August 25, 2016
- Eliaquim Mangala’s Man City departure should see Chelsea finally land a defender [Times]August 24, 2016
- Chelsea up their offer for Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly [Gazzetta dello Sport]August 23, 2016
- Gonzalo Higuain sends thank you message to Napoli fans [Instagram]August 19, 2016