Marouane Fellaini has already met Napoli to seal his move from Man United [CdS]
The biggest story on the front page of Corriere Dello Sport on Wednesday is news of Marouane Fellaini’s impending move from Manchester United to Napoli.
The Belgian was signed by David Moyes for 27 million pounds last summer, but never manage to convince the fans that he was a worthy United player, looking out of place in central midfield, having done most of his good work at Everton as a false-forward destroyer.
The English press broke the news earlier this week that Fellaini is now on the verge of a move to Naples, and that story is rubber-stamped by Corriere Dello Sport, who reveal the parties have already had a face-to-face meeting to discuss the transfer.
According to reports, Fellaini and his representatives sat down with Napoli on Sunday, July 15th, at the Sheraton Hotel near the Brussels International Airport in Zaventem.
As to the terms of the proposed move, Manchester United are said to want to sell off Fellaini for as little as 19 million euros, whilst Napoli are angling to try sign the afro-haired star on loan before committing themselves to a permanent deal.
Another issue which the clubs need to work out is payment, or renegotiation, of Fellaini’s 3 million euro a season pay packet.
Corriere Dello Sport round off their article by stating that, despite the financial issues which need to be agreed, all indications are that the clubs are working hard to find common ground so that the deal will materialise.
Watch Live Stream
- Man United legend Nemanja Vidic is flattered by comparisons to Eric Bailly [Quotes]September 26, 2016
- The Man United squad WhatsApp group chat with Wayne Rooney after Leicester win [Spoof]September 26, 2016
- Jesse Lingard trolls Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford with hilarious Snapchats (Video)September 26, 2016
- Man United’s Antonio Valencia reacts to claims he cheated on his wife with Sophie VågsæterSeptember 26, 2016
- Marouane Fellaini was statistically Manchester United’s best midfielder at Watford [Graphic]September 19, 2016
- Paul Scholes lambastes Manchester United after Watford defeat, insists Fellaini must be changed (Video)September 18, 2016
- New Andy Tate? Man Utd fan wants one of Rooney or Fellaini to ‘f**k off’ after Watford defeat (Video)September 18, 2016
- Some people think Marouane Fellaini spat at Nolito during the Manchester derbySeptember 12, 2016
- Mino Raiola reveals Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s career plans after Man United [Radio CRC]September 15, 2016
- Mad: Napoli try to sign Tottenham’s Harry Kane [Di Marzio]August 25, 2016
- Eliaquim Mangala’s Man City departure should see Chelsea finally land a defender [Times]August 24, 2016
- Chelsea up their offer for Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly [Gazzetta dello Sport]August 23, 2016