Arsenal offered €16m PLUS Joel Campbell for Sporting’s William Carvalho, was rejected [A Bola]
News keeps dripping out of Portugal over just how close Arsenal came to signing William Carvalho from Sporting Lisbon this summer.
According to the rumour mill, the Gunners tried hard to sign defensive midfielder Carvalho before September 1st, but at the end of the day the interest came to nothing.
Portuguese paper A Bola have now revealed that Arsenal offered Sporting €16m plus Joel Campbell on transfer deadline day, but Sporting refused the bid.
In fact, A Bola say Sporting issued the Gunners with a “resounding no”.
For the record, the key for getting the deal done was for Arsenal to offer €30m for the 21-year-old, however the Gunners failed to stump up such a bid for the Portuguese international.
Grab A £25 Free Bet & 10 Free Spins!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: £25 Free Bet & 10 Free Spins!!
Open an account with ComeOn & get an amazing £25 Free Bet & 10 Free Spins Welcome Bonus!
Watch Live Stream
- Lucas Perez passes Arsenal medical, deal to be done this weekend [Mirror]August 26, 2016
- Shkodran Mustafi will be a big upgrade on Per Mertesacker at Arsenal (Video)August 26, 2016
- Arsene Wenger insists he is a big spender….in real life (Video)August 26, 2016
- Arsenal’s Rob Holding doesn’t know what an Oyster Card is (Video)August 26, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell joins Sporting CP on loanAugust 21, 2016
- Man City plot the signing of a Portuguese Euro 2016 winner [Times]August 14, 2016
- Pep Guardiola targets Portugal Euro 2016 hero Rui Patricio to replace Joe Hart [Daily Record]August 13, 2016
- Real Madrid make Portugal star Joao Mario their big transfer target [AS]August 4, 2016