Arsenal offered €16m PLUS Joel Campbell for Sporting’s William Carvalho, was rejected [A Bola]
News keeps dripping out of Portugal over just how close Arsenal came to signing William Carvalho from Sporting Lisbon this summer.
According to the rumour mill, the Gunners tried hard to sign defensive midfielder Carvalho before September 1st, but at the end of the day the interest came to nothing.
Portuguese paper A Bola have now revealed that Arsenal offered Sporting €16m plus Joel Campbell on transfer deadline day, but Sporting refused the bid.
In fact, A Bola say Sporting issued the Gunners with a “resounding no”.
For the record, the key for getting the deal done was for Arsenal to offer €30m for the 21-year-old, however the Gunners failed to stump up such a bid for the Portuguese international.
Grab A £25 Free Bet & 10 Free Spins!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: £25 Free Bet & 10 Free Spins!!
Open an account with ComeOn & get an amazing £25 Free Bet & 10 Free Spins Welcome Bonus!
Watch Live Stream
- Arsene Wenger gives a fan bad news about Theo Walcott [Instagram Video]October 26, 2016
- Alexis Sanchez shows his disappointment over the 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlistOctober 26, 2016
- Chelsea upload video of Nathaniel Chalobah’s double nutmeg v Man UnitedOctober 26, 2016
- The Ox celebrates Arsenal win over Reading with dressing room picture on InstagramOctober 26, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell saves Sporting CP in the 96th minute (Video)October 22, 2016
- Man United legend Eric Cantona explains why he’s fallen in love with Sporting Clube de PortugalOctober 11, 2016
- Barcelona battle Man United for a Portuguese star [Record]October 5, 2016
- Man United target Gelson Martins sets up Liverpool’s Lazar Markovic in Portugal (Video)October 1, 2016