Arsenal offered €16m PLUS Joel Campbell for Sporting’s William Carvalho, was rejected [A Bola]
News keeps dripping out of Portugal over just how close Arsenal came to signing William Carvalho from Sporting Lisbon this summer.
According to the rumour mill, the Gunners tried hard to sign defensive midfielder Carvalho before September 1st, but at the end of the day the interest came to nothing.
Portuguese paper A Bola have now revealed that Arsenal offered Sporting €16m plus Joel Campbell on transfer deadline day, but Sporting refused the bid.
In fact, A Bola say Sporting issued the Gunners with a “resounding no”.
For the record, the key for getting the deal done was for Arsenal to offer €30m for the 21-year-old, however the Gunners failed to stump up such a bid for the Portuguese international.
Grab A £25 Free Bet & 10 Free Spins!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: £25 Free Bet & 10 Free Spins!!
Open an account with ComeOn & get an amazing £25 Free Bet & 10 Free Spins Welcome Bonus!
Watch Live Stream
- Top striker criticised for not joining Liverpool or Arsenal (BBC Video)December 8, 2016
- Top broadsheet claims Arsenal may sell a star player to Chelsea as Gunners target Marco ReusDecember 8, 2016
- Chelsea want to sign Alexis Sanchez for dream partnership with Diego Costa [Mirror]December 7, 2016
- Ray Wilkins is surely taking the pi*s with views on what Arsenal should do with Mesut OzilDecember 7, 2016
- Great story: How a young fan lost it when he met Cristiano Ronaldo in the mixed zone at SportingNovember 23, 2016
- John O’Shea on the night Alex Ferguson decided to sign Cristiano Ronaldo [ESPN]November 21, 2016
- Fernando Santos has one Cristiano Ronaldo regret from their Sporting CP daysNovember 10, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell saves Sporting CP in the 96th minute (Video)October 22, 2016