Irish pitch invader receives a spine-crunching double rugby tackle at Man United v LA Galaxy
A huge credit to the guys at Joe.ie for reporting this story.
Manchester United began their American pre-season tour with a one-sided 7-0 demolition of MLS outfit LA Galaxy.
At the end of the match, a pitch invader was briefly spotted on TV getting taken out by securitys, and now the story behind the lad, and fan footage of what actually happened, has come out.
The pitch invader was Irish student Matthew Costigan, who was in the US on a summer programme. Costigan was living with 13 mates in a house in Los Angeles.
After the game, Costigan, wearing all white, ran onto the pitch, kicked a football and shook Man United’s Reece James’ hand, before he was on the receiving end of a spine-crunching double rugby tackle by security.
The Irishman was hit so hard, fans in the crowd audibly yelped at what they witnessed.
See the footage below.
Watch Live Stream
- Serie A giants hold talks with Steven Gerrard [Independent]November 18, 2016
- Robbie Keane leaves LA Galaxy – posts awesome statement on InstagramNovember 18, 2016
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard posts lengthy message on Instagram after LA Galaxy departureNovember 15, 2016
- Steven Gerrard confirms his LA stay is over. Seems set to return to Liverpool [Instagram]November 14, 2016
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho set to be the focus of a tax fraud investigationDecember 3, 2016
- Kevin De Bruyne hits the crossbar from five yards out against Chelsea (Video)December 3, 2016
- Mourinho insists he had Herculean workload to recalibrate Man United from Van Gaal era (Video)December 3, 2016
- Anthony Martial calls his performance vs West Ham a ‘confidence boost’ (Video)December 3, 2016