Irish pitch invader receives a spine-crunching double rugby tackle at Man United v LA Galaxy
A huge credit to the guys at Joe.ie for reporting this story.
Manchester United began their American pre-season tour with a one-sided 7-0 demolition of MLS outfit LA Galaxy.
At the end of the match, a pitch invader was briefly spotted on TV getting taken out by securitys, and now the story behind the lad, and fan footage of what actually happened, has come out.
The pitch invader was Irish student Matthew Costigan, who was in the US on a summer programme. Costigan was living with 13 mates in a house in Los Angeles.
After the game, Costigan, wearing all white, ran onto the pitch, kicked a football and shook Man United’s Reece James’ hand, before he was on the receiving end of a spine-crunching double rugby tackle by security.
The Irishman was hit so hard, fans in the crowd audibly yelped at what they witnessed.
See the footage below.
Watch Live Stream
- Robbie Keane’s Instagram post suggests Steven Gerrard isn’t heading back to LiverpoolOctober 23, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp suggests Liverpool are in talks with Steven Gerrard about a return (Video)October 22, 2016
- Rumour: Former Spurs & Barcelona forward Giovani dos Santos is being blackmailed over a sex tapeSeptember 26, 2016
- LA Galaxy scored a couple of Golazos against Columbus Crew (Video)September 4, 2016
- Sky Sports pundit drops Wayne Rooney & Juan Mata from Manchester United XI v Chelsea (Video)October 23, 2016
- Jose Mourinho insists Wayne Rooney is a striker and will never play midfield for him (Video)October 23, 2016
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho insists he will never sell Wayne Rooney (Video)October 23, 2016
- Man United old boy Javier Hernandez is getting married to Lucia Villalon [Hola]October 23, 2016