Irish pitch invader receives a spine-crunching double rugby tackle at Man United v LA Galaxy
A huge credit to the guys at Joe.ie for reporting this story.
Manchester United began their American pre-season tour with a one-sided 7-0 demolition of MLS outfit LA Galaxy.
At the end of the match, a pitch invader was briefly spotted on TV getting taken out by securitys, and now the story behind the lad, and fan footage of what actually happened, has come out.
The pitch invader was Irish student Matthew Costigan, who was in the US on a summer programme. Costigan was living with 13 mates in a house in Los Angeles.
After the game, Costigan, wearing all white, ran onto the pitch, kicked a football and shook Man United’s Reece James’ hand, before he was on the receiving end of a spine-crunching double rugby tackle by security.
The Irishman was hit so hard, fans in the crowd audibly yelped at what they witnessed.
See the footage below.
Watch Live Stream
- Rumour: Former Spurs & Barcelona forward Giovani dos Santos is being blackmailed over a sex tapeSeptember 26, 2016
- LA Galaxy scored a couple of Golazos against Columbus Crew (Video)September 4, 2016
- Nigel de Jong leaves the LA Galaxy for Galatasaray. MLS post a salty video on social mediaSeptember 1, 2016
- Richard Chaplow, ex-WBA & Saints, gets two game ban abusing gay footballer Robbie RogersAugust 25, 2016
- Man United legend Nemanja Vidic is flattered by comparisons to Eric Bailly [Quotes]September 26, 2016
- The Man United squad WhatsApp group chat with Wayne Rooney after Leicester win [Spoof]September 26, 2016
- Jesse Lingard trolls Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford with hilarious Snapchats (Video)September 26, 2016
- Man United’s Antonio Valencia reacts to claims he cheated on his wife with Sophie VågsæterSeptember 26, 2016