Manchester United v Liverpool: Preview & predicted line-ups
Possible starting lineups
Manchester United: De Gea; Smalling, Jones, Evans; Young, Cleverley, Fletcher, Shaw; Kagawa, Rooney, Hernandez.
Robin van Persie and Michael Carrick remain United’s biggest absentees in the International Champions Cup, whilst Louis van Gaal is tipped to once again change up his side for the pre-season showpiece final.
Liverpool: Mignolet, Johnson, Toure, Coates, Robinson, Gerrard, Henderson, Allen, Lambert, Coutinho, Sterling.
Liverpool will be without Daniel Sturridge, who, along with Jon Flanagan and Adam Lallana, has headed back to England to receive treatment for an injury. New signing Lazar Markovic will also miss the United match with a knock.
Looking for possible match winners in Miami, the man who could be the key for Man United may be Ashley Young.
Having struggled to cement his position in the team since his arrival from Aston Villa several seasons ago, Young has been one of United’s standout player in their American pre-season tour scoring four goals.
At the back for United, Jonny Evans has looked very comfortable of new-look three-man defence.
Turning to Liverpool, Raheem Sterling continues to look a constant threat for Brendan Rodgers’ side, while the Reds also have a back-up for Sterling with Jordon Ibe having impressed during the International Champions Cup.
Elsewhere, Jordan Henderson has reinforced his position in the side with a handful of energetic performances in the middle of the park, alongside the Joe Allen.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool in talks with Steven Gerrard over a return to Anfield [The Express]October 23, 2016
- Joel Matip heaps praise on Philippe Coutinho following West Brom winOctober 23, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp bursts out laughing after funny mix-up in post-match interview (Video)October 23, 2016
- West Brom boss Tony Pulis explains why he thinks Liverpool can win the title (Video)October 23, 2016
- John Terry congratulates Chelsea team-mates on 4-0 win over Man United [Instagram]October 23, 2016
- Juan Mata admits Manchester United’s 4-0 defeat to Chelsea was painful (Video)October 23, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic slated for smiling after Man United’s 4-0 defeat v Chelsea [Tweets]October 23, 2016
- Eric Bailly suffers ‘really bad’ injury in Man United defeat at ChelseaOctober 23, 2016