Manchester City v Stoke: Predicted line-ups, Premier League preview & betting tips
Possible starting lineups
Manchester City: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichales, Clichy, Fernando, Yaya Toure, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Jovetic
Stoke: Begovic, Bardsley, Shawcross, Wilson, Pieters; Whelan, Adam, N’Zonzi, Bojan, Ireland, Diouf
Predict 6 scores to win £250,000!
SkyBet Super 6 Special: Predict 6 scores to win £250,000!
If the jackpot isn’t won the highest scoring player will get £5,000!
Manchester City will be aiming to maintain their 100% winning start to the new Premier League season as the reigning champs welcome Stoke City to the Etihad on Saturday.
Manuel Pellegrini’s side have so far negotiated tricky matches away at Newcastle and against Liverpool in the league, and in both matches the Citizens impressed.
Yet it’s worth remembering how difficult Stoke made this fixture last season, when the Potters turned up in Manchester and played almost eleven men behind the ball, only for a solitary strike from Yaya Toure to separate the sides.
Whether Mark hughes uses such negative tactics this weekend remains to be seen, but few would blame the Welsh boss for employing a 4-5-1 formation in an effort to stifle the hosts as best as possible.
With Alvaro Negredo still injured, Sergio Aguero may get his first start of the season for Man City after the in-form Edin Dzeko picked up a knock.
Stevan Jovetic will be hoping to continue his good form again this weekend, with there appear few selection headaches around the rest of the CIty side.
As for Stoke, fans maybe hoping for the best from creative sparks Bojan Krkic and Victor Moses, but it’s worth noting that Ryan Shawcross is the club’s only Premier League goalscorer so far this term.
In one of their hardest matches of the season, expect Stoke to limit most of their chances to set plays, where they are likely to be very dangerous.
101GG Predicts: Manchester City 2 – Stoke 1
Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
Open a new account with William Hill, Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
Essential match facts to help with online betting:
Man City have won their last 5 league meetings at home against Stoke, scoring 12 goals and conceding zero.
Sergio Aguero has scored three times in his last three matches at the Etihad against Stoke.
Only relegated Cardiff and Norwich (two each) won fewer away games than Stoke (3) in the Premier League last season.
Only Aston Villa (491) committed more fouls than Stoke City (486) in the 2013-14 Premier League.
Man CIty have won their last seven matches at home in the Premier League.
Watch Live Stream
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic were ‘top class’ against Man City (Video)September 28, 2016
- Pep Guardiola was happy with Man City’s response v Celtic (Video)September 28, 2016
- Best Tweets as Celtic and Manchester City produce epic 3-3 in Champions LeagueSeptember 28, 2016
- Moussa Dembele stuns Manchester City with opening goal (Video)September 28, 2016
- Ryan Mason scores a beauty as Hull win 2-1 at Stoke (Official video)September 22, 2016
- Spurs fans’ brilliant rendition of the Dele Alli-Mesut Ozil song at Stoke (Video)September 11, 2016
- Harry Kane posts brilliant cheeky Tweet after 1st Spurs goal of the seasonSeptember 10, 2016
- Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho rejects loan move to Stoke City [Telegraph & Mirror]August 29, 2016