Del Piero nets a double but Sydney lose 4-2 in Brisbane
- November 16, 2012
Brisbane Roar 4 – Sydney FC 2 (A-League, November 16, 2012) Thomas Broich opened the scoring on the half hour with a floated free kick from 30-yard out, before Erik Paartalu doubled the host’s lead. Just when Sydney needed a miracle up stepped Alex Del Piero to latch onto a square pass from Brett Emerton to score. Ben Halloran restored the Roar’s 2-goal advantage before the interval, before Alessandro Del Piero once again took the match by the scruff of the neck, opening up the Roar defence to make the score 3-2. The Italian’s efforts hit a setback soon after as Besart Berisha made it 4-2 to Brisbane.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi