AFC CL: Esteghlal shoot down Al-Shabab; Kashiwa win 2-0 at Jeonbuk; Guangzhou sink Mariners
- May 15, 2013
Al-Shabab 2 – Esteghlal 4 (AFC Champions League, May 15, 2013) Luiz Henrique put the home side in front on the stroke of half time but the visitors stormed back after the break with goals by Jlloyd Samuel, Javad Nekounam and Farhad Majidi putting them 3-1 up. Edgar pulled a goal back for the hosts with five minutes left but a brilliant finish by Khosro Heidari a minute from time put the Iranian side firmly in the driver’s seat ahead of the return match in Tehran next week.
Jeonbuk FC 0 – Kashiwa Reysol 2 (AFC Champions League, May 15, 2013) Masato Kudo’s header opened the scoring for Reysol, Tatsuya Masushima doubling Kashiwa’s lead midway through the second half to seal the away win.
Central Coast Mariners 1 – Guangzhou Evergrande 2 (AFC Champions League, May 15, 2013) Lucas Barrios and Muriqui scored for the Chinese Super League champions after Mitchell Duke had given Graham Arnold’s side the lead in the seventh minute.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi