AFC CL: Esteghlal shoot down Al-Shabab; Kashiwa win 2-0 at Jeonbuk; Guangzhou sink Mariners
- May 15, 2013
Al-Shabab 2 – Esteghlal 4 (AFC Champions League, May 15, 2013) Luiz Henrique put the home side in front on the stroke of half time but the visitors stormed back after the break with goals by Jlloyd Samuel, Javad Nekounam and Farhad Majidi putting them 3-1 up. Edgar pulled a goal back for the hosts with five minutes left but a brilliant finish by Khosro Heidari a minute from time put the Iranian side firmly in the driver’s seat ahead of the return match in Tehran next week.
Jeonbuk FC 0 – Kashiwa Reysol 2 (AFC Champions League, May 15, 2013) Masato Kudo’s header opened the scoring for Reysol, Tatsuya Masushima doubling Kashiwa’s lead midway through the second half to seal the away win.
Central Coast Mariners 1 – Guangzhou Evergrande 2 (AFC Champions League, May 15, 2013) Lucas Barrios and Muriqui scored for the Chinese Super League champions after Mitchell Duke had given Graham Arnold’s side the lead in the seventh minute.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...