- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
AFC CL: Esteghlal shoot down Al-Shabab; Kashiwa win 2-0 at Jeonbuk; Guangzhou sink Mariners
Al-Shabab 2 – Esteghlal 4 (AFC Champions League, May 15, 2013) Luiz Henrique put the home side in front on the stroke of half time but the visitors stormed back after the break with goals by Jlloyd Samuel, Javad Nekounam and Farhad Majidi putting them 3-1 up. Edgar pulled a goal back for the hosts with five minutes left but a brilliant finish by Khosro Heidari a minute from time put the Iranian side firmly in the driver’s seat ahead of the return match in Tehran next week.
Jeonbuk FC 0 – Kashiwa Reysol 2 (AFC Champions League, May 15, 2013) Masato Kudo’s header opened the scoring for Reysol, Tatsuya Masushima doubling Kashiwa’s lead midway through the second half to seal the away win.
Central Coast Mariners 1 – Guangzhou Evergrande 2 (AFC Champions League, May 15, 2013) Lucas Barrios and Muriqui scored for the Chinese Super League champions after Mitchell Duke had given Graham Arnold’s side the lead in the seventh minute.
- Updated: May 15, 2013