AFC CL: Esteghlal shoot down Al-Shabab; Kashiwa win 2-0 at Jeonbuk; Guangzhou sink Mariners
- May 15, 2013
Al-Shabab 2 – Esteghlal 4 (AFC Champions League, May 15, 2013) Luiz Henrique put the home side in front on the stroke of half time but the visitors stormed back after the break with goals by Jlloyd Samuel, Javad Nekounam and Farhad Majidi putting them 3-1 up. Edgar pulled a goal back for the hosts with five minutes left but a brilliant finish by Khosro Heidari a minute from time put the Iranian side firmly in the driver’s seat ahead of the return match in Tehran next week.
Jeonbuk FC 0 – Kashiwa Reysol 2 (AFC Champions League, May 15, 2013) Masato Kudo’s header opened the scoring for Reysol, Tatsuya Masushima doubling Kashiwa’s lead midway through the second half to seal the away win.
Central Coast Mariners 1 – Guangzhou Evergrande 2 (AFC Champions League, May 15, 2013) Lucas Barrios and Muriqui scored for the Chinese Super League champions after Mitchell Duke had given Graham Arnold’s side the lead in the seventh minute.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...