Pablo Escobar scores twice as Bolivia beat Paraguay; Chile late show sinks Venezuela
- June 9, 2012
Bolivia 3 – Paraguay 1 (2014 World Cup qualifier, June 9, 2012) Alcides Pena’s strike deflected off Paraguay defender Adalberto Roman in the 10th minute to give Bolivia the lead at halftime. While Bolivia’s Gualberto Mojica missed a penalty in the 63rd minute, the home side doubled their lead seven minutes later when Pablo Escobar cut in from the left and thumped his shot into the roof of the net. The 33-year-old winger made it 3-0 in the 80th minute with a back-post finish before Paraguay scored a consolation goal two minutes later through Cristian Riveros.
Venezuela 0 – Chile 2 (2014 World Cup qualifier, June 9, 2012) Matias Fernandez put the visitors ahead in the 85th minute and Charles Aranguiz scored in the first minute of stoppage time.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...