Pablo Escobar scores twice as Bolivia beat Paraguay; Chile late show sinks Venezuela
- June 9, 2012
Bolivia 3 – Paraguay 1 (2014 World Cup qualifier, June 9, 2012) Alcides Pena’s strike deflected off Paraguay defender Adalberto Roman in the 10th minute to give Bolivia the lead at halftime. While Bolivia’s Gualberto Mojica missed a penalty in the 63rd minute, the home side doubled their lead seven minutes later when Pablo Escobar cut in from the left and thumped his shot into the roof of the net. The 33-year-old winger made it 3-0 in the 80th minute with a back-post finish before Paraguay scored a consolation goal two minutes later through Cristian Riveros.
Venezuela 0 – Chile 2 (2014 World Cup qualifier, June 9, 2012) Matias Fernandez put the visitors ahead in the 85th minute and Charles Aranguiz scored in the first minute of stoppage time.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi