Pablo Escobar scores twice as Bolivia beat Paraguay; Chile late show sinks Venezuela
- June 9, 2012
Bolivia 3 – Paraguay 1 (2014 World Cup qualifier, June 9, 2012) Alcides Pena’s strike deflected off Paraguay defender Adalberto Roman in the 10th minute to give Bolivia the lead at halftime. While Bolivia’s Gualberto Mojica missed a penalty in the 63rd minute, the home side doubled their lead seven minutes later when Pablo Escobar cut in from the left and thumped his shot into the roof of the net. The 33-year-old winger made it 3-0 in the 80th minute with a back-post finish before Paraguay scored a consolation goal two minutes later through Cristian Riveros.
Venezuela 0 – Chile 2 (2014 World Cup qualifier, June 9, 2012) Matias Fernandez put the visitors ahead in the 85th minute and Charles Aranguiz scored in the first minute of stoppage time.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...