Tanzania thump 10-man Morocco 3-1; Mali win 2-1 in Rwanda; Ethiopia 1 edge Botswana
- March 24, 2013
Tanzania 3 – Morocco 1 (Africa World Cup Qualifying, March 24, 2013) Tanzania took the lead at the start of the second half when Thomas Ulimwengu rifled a low shot into the far corner. Mbwana Samata doubled Tanzania’s lead in the 67th, and ten minutes from time Mbwana Samata wrapped up his brace to kill off Morocco. Youssef El-Arabi claimed a late consolation for Morocco after Abderrahim Achchakir had been sent off.
Rwanda 1 – Mali 2 (Africa World Cup Qualifying, March 24, 2013) Meddi Kagere had put Rwanda ahead. Goals early in the second half from Mamadou Samassa and Abdou Traore sealed the Mali win.
Ethiopia 1 – Botswana 0 (Africa World Cup Qualifying, March 24, 2013) Getaneh Kebede’s late winner against Botswana enhanced Ethiopia’s chances of reaching the 2014 World Cup.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...