Yaya Toure tanks Tanzania World Cup dreams as Ivory Coast win 4-2 away from home
- June 16, 2013
Tanzania 2 – Ivory Coast 4 (Africa World Cup Qualifier, June 16, 2013) A terrible clearance from Sol Bamba gifted Tanzania striker Amri Kiemba a simple opener for the hosts in the first minute of the match. The Elephants levelled the match through a Lacina Traore goal in the 13th minute. The Ivorians turned the match thanks to a cracking free-kick from Yaya Toure. Ten minutes before the break Tanzania levelled the match 2-2 when a left win g cross was volley home by Thomas Ulimwengu. The first half ended on a controversial note as Gervinho ran half the length of the pitch before winning a penalty, and Yaya Toure bagged his second from the spot. Wilfried Bony came off the bench late on and Gervinho quickly teed him up for number four.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi