As the new seasons creeps ever closer we are happy to reintroduce our Goal of the Month competition, and this month we have a special prize to give away – a copy of “Why England Lose,” by Simon Kuper and Stefan Szymanski. The book goes on general release on August 6th.
A review of the new book can be read here, while a more forensic analysis of the book’s theory that it was Nicolas Anelka, and not John Terry, who was culpable for Chelsea’s 2008 Champions League final defeat can be read here.
To win a free copy of “Why England Lose” all you have to do is email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us which goal from the list below you think is the best.
In order to be eligible for the prize you MUST be registered with William Hill. There is no pre-requisite on the amount of money you need to deposit on signing-up, however your email address with which you enter our competition must correspond with the email given at William Hill to open your new account.
You can sign up to William Hill by registering here.
1. Erik Huseklepp (Stabaek v Brann, June 29, 2009)
2. Eric Hassli (FC Zurich v Young Boys Bern, July 14, 2009)
3. Tonis Vanna (Brondby v Tallinna FC Flora, July 16, 2009)
4. Tsuneyasu Miyamoto (Kawasaki Frontale v Vissel Kobe, July 18, 2009)
5. Emir Bajrami (Djurgarden v Elfsborg, July 19, 2009) (0.15 minutes in)
6. Claudio Lopez (Kansas City Wizards v Los Angeles Galaxy, July 25, 2009)
7. Michael Owen (Hangzhou Greentown v Manchester United, July 26, 2009)
8. David Beckham (LA Galaxy v Barcelona, August 1, 2009)
9. Chan Siu Ki (South China v Tottenham, August 2, 2009) (0.45 minutes into the video)