Villa leave it late to beat Hull
- December 30, 2008
Hull 0 – Aston Villa 1 (Premier League, December 30, 2008) Martin O’Neill’s side claimed all three points when Ashley Young’s 88th minute cross was diverted into his own net by Kamil Zayatte, with Gabriel Agbonlahor waiting to pounce. At the death Hull were awarded a penalty by referee Steve Bennett for an alledged handball against Ashley Young, but after consulting with his linesman the decision was (correctly) reversed. The defeat condemned the Tigers to a fourth home defeat in five games, while Villa moved back up to fourth.
Central Coast Mariners 1 – Perth Glory 0 (A-League, December 31, 2008) A stunning John Hutchinson half-volley that struck both posts before hitting the back of the net in the 80th minute, sent the Mariners to the top of the league in the final match of 2008.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...