Villa leave it late to beat Hull
- December 30, 2008
Hull 0 – Aston Villa 1 (Premier League, December 30, 2008) Martin O’Neill’s side claimed all three points when Ashley Young’s 88th minute cross was diverted into his own net by Kamil Zayatte, with Gabriel Agbonlahor waiting to pounce. At the death Hull were awarded a penalty by referee Steve Bennett for an alledged handball against Ashley Young, but after consulting with his linesman the decision was (correctly) reversed. The defeat condemned the Tigers to a fourth home defeat in five games, while Villa moved back up to fourth.
Central Coast Mariners 1 – Perth Glory 0 (A-League, December 31, 2008) A stunning John Hutchinson half-volley that struck both posts before hitting the back of the net in the 80th minute, sent the Mariners to the top of the league in the final match of 2008.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi