Villa leave it late to beat Hull
- December 30, 2008
Hull 0 – Aston Villa 1 (Premier League, December 30, 2008) Martin O’Neill’s side claimed all three points when Ashley Young’s 88th minute cross was diverted into his own net by Kamil Zayatte, with Gabriel Agbonlahor waiting to pounce. At the death Hull were awarded a penalty by referee Steve Bennett for an alledged handball against Ashley Young, but after consulting with his linesman the decision was (correctly) reversed. The defeat condemned the Tigers to a fourth home defeat in five games, while Villa moved back up to fourth.
Central Coast Mariners 1 – Perth Glory 0 (A-League, December 31, 2008) A stunning John Hutchinson half-volley that struck both posts before hitting the back of the net in the 80th minute, sent the Mariners to the top of the league in the final match of 2008.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...