Before we head off into our regular list, we are happy to draw attention to a goalscoring goalkeeper who found the back of the net in the past seven days.
Bruno, Flamengo’s man between the sticks, was given the honour of humiliating Coritiba by slotting home his side’s 5th when the team won a late penalty. But don’t think his teammates were being nice, Bruno has a history of scoring fabulous goals, particularly this free-kick.
Elsewhere, there were two matches at the start of last week which demand special mention. Firstly tribute needs to be made to DC United, who suffered the ignominy of having two goalies sent off in one match against Cruz Azul in the CONCACAF Champions League last Monday night (watch here). And sympathy has to be extended to Palmeiras for being on the receiving end of a spate of horrible decisions against Argentinos Jrs, seeing both a goal that crossed the line ruled out as well as having a penalty chalked off for an alleged pause in the run-up (watch here).
With that being said arguably the highlight of this week’s list is goal number 5 which, as the director of the video demonstrates, challenges Zlatan Ibrahimovic for the best back-heel flicked goal of the season.
As always on a Monday afternoon, all we ask is that you sit back and enjoy!
1. Olexandr Aliyev (v Porto, Oct. 21, 2008)
2. Joan Capdevila (v Aalborg, Oct. 21, 2008)
3. Kader Keita (v Steaua Bucharest, Oct. 21, 2008)
4. Alessandro Del Piero (v Real Madrid, Oct. 21, 2008)
5. Marco Antonio â€œPikolinâ€ Palacios (v Houston Dynamo, Oct. 22, 2008) (pictured)
6. Luis Aguiar (v Portsmouth, Oct. 23, 2008)
7. Luigi Pieroni (v Le Harve, Oct. 25, 2008)
8. Robert Acquafresca (v Chievo, Oct. 26, 2008)