It’s been another monster seven days in the world of football, with so many top strikes that our list has swelled to a whopping fourteen net-busters.
Happily, the last seven days were also sprinkled with some major cock-ups, arguably none more so embarrassing as Cicinho’s wonderfully-bad, unprovoked diving header that gave Bologna a point in the last minute of their meeting with Roma.
But the Brazilian wasn’t the only footballer left with egg on his face. At the ripe age of 33, Giovanni van Bronckhorst proved he is still incapable of heading the ball, a problem also found infecting Claudio Capaca, while Richard Dunne managed to lose all bodily function when under no pressure from a wayward Modric pass.
But on the bright side, the best goals were a joy to savour. Goals 3 and 11 fight it out to be the best solo goal of the week, with goals 1, 2, 7 and 14 offering a variety of brilliant volleys and half-volleys. The free-kicks are provided by goals 10 and 12, and the rip-snorters are catered for with goals 6, 8 and 13.
As always, sit back and enjoy!
1. Giacomo Cipriani (v Ascoli, Nov. 3, 2008) (0.41 minutes in)
2. Giorgos Karagounis (v Werder Bremen, Nov. 4, 2008)
3. Mirko Vucinic (v Chelsea, Nov. 4, 2008)
4. Scott McDonald (v Manchester United, Nov. 5, 2008)
5. Robinho (v Twente, Nov. 6, 2008)
6. Ronaldinho (v Braga, Nov. 6, 2008)
7. Rafael da Silva (v Arsenal, Nov. 8, 2008)
8. Nadir Belhadj (v Portsmouth, Nov. 8, 2008)
9. Fernandinho (v Tavriya, Nov. 8, 2008)
11. Hulk (v Sporting Lisbon, Nov. 9, 2008)
12. Alessandro Del Piero (v Chievo, Nov. 9, 2008)
13. Giuseppe Rossi (v Almeria, Nov. 9, 2008)
14. Joaquin (v Getafe, Nov. 9, 2008)