This week’s schmuck of the week goes to West Brom’s Jonathan Greening however, unlike the norm, the award was not given for a footballing gaff that the Baggies’ midfielder committed on the field but rather because Greening found himself the butt of the joke on Sky’s Soccer Saturday show.
To understand why Jeff Stelling and his chums roll around laughing at Greening, watch here.
Onto the list and this week the bar has been raised several notches. Every goal is outstanding and, to put it simply, we have been spoiled for choice.
Do you like overhead volleys? Well then check out goals 1, 3 and 13. Super strikes from distance anyone? Goals 2, 7, 8, 11 and 12 should keep you happy.
If solo strikes are more your thing, goals 4 and 5 will satisfy. And then we have the “copy-cats,” David Beckham’s impersonator appearing with goal 6, Marco van Basten is ripped off by goal 9, while Rene Higuita would be proud of goal 10.
As usual, all we ask is that you sit back and enjoy!
1. Milan Baros (Gaziantepspor v Galatasaray, April 6, 2009)
2. Marcos Senna (Villarreal v Arsenal, April 7, 2009)
3. Emmanuel Adebayor (Villarreal v Arsenal, April 7, 2009)
5. Rene Howe (Morecambe v Bradford, April 10, 2009)
6. Ragnar Sigurdsson (IFK Gothenburg v Djurgarden, April 11, 2009) (pictured)
7. Eyal Meshumar (Maccabi Haifa v Hapoel Petah Tikva, April 11, 2009)
8. Mauro Zarate (Lazio v Roma, April 11, 2009)
9. Fernando Torres (Liverpool v Blackburn, April 11, 2009)
10. Luis Angel Landin (Morelia v Cruz Azul, April 11, 2009)
11. Gonzalo Zarate (Grasshoppers v Young Boys, April 11, 2009) (3.10 minutes in)
12. Steven Pienaar (Aston Villa v Everton, April 12, 2009)
13. Cleber Santana (Mallorca v Almeria, April 12, 2009)
Thank you to everyone who entered our March Goal of the Month competition, sponsored by 888.com. The winning goal, by public vote, was Eduardo da Silva’s incredible volley against Burnley in the FA Cup (watch here).
Please note, the winners will be contacted directly to confirm their prizes.