Before we get onto this week’s list, we have to flag up arguably the craziest match of what was a crazy weekend.
Saturday in Germany witnessed a mental meeting between Borussia Moenchengladbach and Hannover, which saw the visitors plant the ball into their own net not once, not twice, but three times in a 5-3 hammering. Tunisian central defender Karim Haggui twice turned the ball into his own net, with Constant Djakpa’s own goal the pick of the errors as the defender managed to slice the ball past his own keeper from 25-yards out. A frustrated Hannover coach, Andreas Bergmann, was left ranting “It’s unbelievable we scored six goals and lost the match. I don’t think we’ll forget this match any time soon.” (Full match highlights here.)
Onto the list, where if the goal was not picture-perfect it failed to make the cut. As always, all we ask is that you sit back and enjoy!
1. Avihay Yadin (Hapoel Tel Aviv v Hapoel Haifa, Dec. 7, 2009)
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Marseille v Real Madrid, Dec. 8, 2009)
3. Chad Coombes (Al Ahli v Auckland City, Dec. 9, 2009)
4. Maynor Figueroa (Stoke v Wigan, Dec. 12, 2009)
5. Simone Malatesta (Mantova v Modena, Dec. 12, 2009)
6. Massimo Maccarone (Siena v Udinese, Dec. 13, 2009)
7. Fabian Bordagaray (Newell’s Old Boys v San Lorenzo, Dec. 13, 2009)
8. Jobe Wheelhouse (Newcastle Jets v Gold Coast United, Dec. 13, 2009)
9. Gonzalo Castro (Osasuna v Mallorca, Dec. 13, 2009)
10. Raffaele Nole (Rimini v Giulianova, Dec. 13, 2009)
Narrowly missing this week’s list were goals from Michael Owen, Anatoliy Tymoshchuk, Mauro Formica, Mario Balotelli, Adil Rami, Pedro Moita, Darius Vassell (brilliant assist), Marc-Antoine Fortune, Gary Cahill, Tomas Enevoldsen, Manuel Arana, Eliran Atar, and Andrei Arshavin.