- Gutted! Ryan Taylor subbed on Newcastle comeback v QPR with another suspected knee injury
- Mark Schwarzer trolls Liverpool: ‘Denying them the title was highlight of my Chelsea career’ [Video]
- FACT: Cesc Fabregas has more league assists (10) than any Chelsea player in the last 2 seasons combined
- Chelsea fans react to Mourinho’s claim they are too quiet demanding standing seats [Picture]
- Manchester United ready to sell Robin Van Persie at the end of the season [Evening Standard]
Valencia zip past Zaragoza; Sociedad beat Bilbao; Malaga rout Betis
Valencia 2 – Zaragoza 0 (La Liga, September 29, 2012) Sofiane Feghouli fired in his own rebound after Jonas had set him up by tapping on a cross 12 minutes in. Jonathan Viera then finished off a nice team buildup in the 59th to seal the victory at Mestalla stadium. Valencia played a man down from the 61st after Feghouli received his second booking, but Zaragoza failed to capitalise on the advantage.
Real Sociedad 2 – Athletic Bilbao 0 (La Liga, September 29, 2012) Antoine Griezmann and Carlos Vela struck second-half goals to fire Real Sociedad to a 2-0 win in the Basque derby over Bilbao.
Malaga 4 – Betis 0 (La Liga, September 29, 2012) Joaquin got the home side off to a good start by converting a 13th-minute penalty, before Javier Saviola doubled the advantage. In the second half an own goal from Amaya and a fourth from Isco late on completed the rout.
- Updated: September 29, 2012