- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
- Heads Up! Robbie Keane pings balls at the LA Galaxy buggy driver [Video]
Lionel Messi moves onto 301 great goals as Barcelona rout Rayo 5-0
Rayo Vallecano 0 – Barcelona 5 (La Liga, October 27, 2012) (Longer highlights & Extended highlights.) Barcelona took the lead in the 20th minute when Cesc threaded a pass through to David Villa and the striker clinically finished. Barca doubled their lead early in the second half when Lionel Messi slammed in a second from the edge of the D. Rayo conceded a third in the 77th when a Jordi Alba cutback was converted by Xavi. Minutes later Barca were 4-up courtesy of a Cesc Fabregas volley at the back post. In the final minutes Lionel Messi rounded the keeper to score a fifth for Barca.
- Updated: October 27, 2012