Mourinho drops Casillas: Santa comes early as Malaga beat Madrid 3-2
- December 22, 2012
Malaga 3 – Real Madrid 2 (La Liga, December 22, 2012) (Longer highlights) After Jose Mourinho benched Iker Casillas, Malaga took the lead minutes after the restart courtesy of a low drive from starlet Isco. Madrid levelled in the 65th minute as a period of pressure forced Sergio Sanchez to direct the ball in his own net. Malaga however refused to buckle, and Roque Santa Cruz fired the hosts 2-1 up in the 73rd minute, and incredibly Santa Cruz drilled home a third Malaga goal minutes later. Real were back in the game in the 82nd minute when Karim Benzema buried a rebound.
Individual highlights: Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi