Messi-dependence? Full-strength Barça need brace from La Pulga to beat Cordoba
- December 12, 2012
Cordoba 0 – Barcelona 2 (Copa del Rey Last 16, December 12, 2012) (Longer highlights.) Jose Manuel Pinto pulled off a spectacular save early on, following it up with a swan dive (!) Lionel Messi tapped home goal 87 of 2012 to put Barcelona 1-0 up. Cordoba had a goal ruled out for a marginal offside just moments later, Rennella edging just ahead of the play. Barcelona could easily have been awarded a penalty when David Villa appeared to be fouled in the box, but the Asturian did go down a bit theatrically. Lionel Messi had two awesome pieces of skill in the first half, performing a roulette around two Cordoba players, and later running half the pitch beating four men. Pedro missed a sitter when put through 1 on 1, side-footing his volley over. Lionel Messi got his second midway through the second half.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi