Messi-dependence? Full-strength Barça need brace from La Pulga to beat Cordoba
- December 12, 2012
Cordoba 0 – Barcelona 2 (Copa del Rey Last 16, December 12, 2012) (Longer highlights.) Jose Manuel Pinto pulled off a spectacular save early on, following it up with a swan dive (!) Lionel Messi tapped home goal 87 of 2012 to put Barcelona 1-0 up. Cordoba had a goal ruled out for a marginal offside just moments later, Rennella edging just ahead of the play. Barcelona could easily have been awarded a penalty when David Villa appeared to be fouled in the box, but the Asturian did go down a bit theatrically. Lionel Messi had two awesome pieces of skill in the first half, performing a roulette around two Cordoba players, and later running half the pitch beating four men. Pedro missed a sitter when put through 1 on 1, side-footing his volley over. Lionel Messi got his second midway through the second half.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...