Shocker Del Rey: 10-man Malaga stun Barcelona drawing 2-2 at the death
- January 16, 2013
Barcelona 2 – Malaga 2 (Copa Del Rey, January 16, 2013) (Alternative highlights & longer highlights.) Alexis Sanchez blew a golden opportunity from two yards out in the opening exchanges. Malaga took a shock lead in the 24th minute when Thiago was robbed by Manuel Iturra on the edge of the box and the midfielder fired the visitors ahead. Lionel Messi equalised in a flash with a typically brilliant solo goal before Carles Puyol put Barca in the lead with a header from a set-play. 15 minutes from time Malaga were reduced to 10 men when Nacho Monreal saw red, but a minute from time Malaga silenced the Nou Camp as Ignacio Camacho half-volleyed home a leveller.
Zaragoza 0 – Sevilla 0 (Copa Del Rey, January 16, 2013) Both teams cancelled one another out, in a game of solid defending and few chances at goal.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi