- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
- Neymar at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Atletico Madrid [Highlights]
- Porto star Jackson Martinez nets Zlatan-esque backheel volley golazo [Vine & GIF]
- Troll! Juanfran showed Barcelona’s Neymar 7 fingers, referencing 7-1 loss to Germany [Video]
- Christian Eriksen (Spurs) inch perfect free kick golazo v Sheffield United [GIF]
Granada get two past Getafe; Levante locked with Betis; Rayo draw 2-2 with Bilbao
Granada 2 – Getafe 0 (La Liga, June 1, 2013) Granada took the lead when Nolito found himself free in the box to finish a good team move from close range. Granada doubled their lead when Youssef El Arabi fired past the goalkeeper from inside the box after a quick break from the home side.
Levante 1 – Real Betis 1 (La Liga, June 1, 2013) Levante took the lead five minutes into the second half through Pedro Rios, who headed into an empty net from Nikos Karabelas’s cross. Betis responded well as both Jorge Molina and Joel Campbell saw their efforts well saved, before an equaliser finally came when Ruben Castro found Molina in the box and the striker curled the ball into the top corner.
Rayo Vallecano 2 – Athletic Bilbao 2 (La Liga, June 1, 2013) After just nine minutes of the match Bilbao were reduced to 10 men as striker Artiz Aduriz was sent off for a second bookable offence. Vallecano took full advantage soon after as Jose Carlos found Franco Vazquez in the penalty area, with the Argentine firing into the bottom corner from close range to break the deadlock. Despite their numerical disadvantage Bilbao responded positively and quickly equalised through a composed finish from Markel Susaeta. Early in the second half a spirited turnaround was complete as Jon Aurtenetxe found space to head home a measured cross from Ibai Gomez. Bilabo were only ahead for eight minutes as Rayo quickly restored parity through Piti, as the forward found the net following a set piece from the home side.
- Updated: June 1, 2013