Granada get two past Getafe; Levante locked with Betis; Rayo draw 2-2 with Bilbao
- June 1, 2013
Granada 2 – Getafe 0 (La Liga, June 1, 2013) Granada took the lead when Nolito found himself free in the box to finish a good team move from close range. Granada doubled their lead when Youssef El Arabi fired past the goalkeeper from inside the box after a quick break from the home side.
Levante 1 – Real Betis 1 (La Liga, June 1, 2013) Levante took the lead five minutes into the second half through Pedro Rios, who headed into an empty net from Nikos Karabelas’s cross. Betis responded well as both Jorge Molina and Joel Campbell saw their efforts well saved, before an equaliser finally came when Ruben Castro found Molina in the box and the striker curled the ball into the top corner.
Rayo Vallecano 2 – Athletic Bilbao 2 (La Liga, June 1, 2013) After just nine minutes of the match Bilbao were reduced to 10 men as striker Artiz Aduriz was sent off for a second bookable offence. Vallecano took full advantage soon after as Jose Carlos found Franco Vazquez in the penalty area, with the Argentine firing into the bottom corner from close range to break the deadlock. Despite their numerical disadvantage Bilbao responded positively and quickly equalised through a composed finish from Markel Susaeta. Early in the second half a spirited turnaround was complete as Jon Aurtenetxe found space to head home a measured cross from Ibai Gomez. Bilabo were only ahead for eight minutes as Rayo quickly restored parity through Piti, as the forward found the net following a set piece from the home side.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi