- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
The Cup Kings! Atletico Madrid beat Real at the Bernabeu to win the Copa del Rey
Real Madrid 1 – Atletico Madrid 2 (Copa del Rey Final, May 17, 2013) (Longer Highlights) (Extended Highlights) Video showing how an Atleti player experiences arrival at the Bernabeu
Cristiano Ronaldo gave Madrid the lead with a trademark Hangtime header. Diego Costa levelled with a lovely left-footed finish into the bottom corner, which Diego Lopez got a hand to but couldn’t keep out. Mesut Ozil was inches away from giving Real the lead going into the break, but his shot struck the post.
Real had a great double chance to level, but Benzema hit the post, and then Juanfran made an epic goal line clearance. Cristiano Ronaldo then rattled the post with a low free-kick. Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho was sent off for wild protesting at the fourth official. Cristiano Ronaldo was lucky to escape a booking, which is just what Atleti manager Simeone was asking for from the touchline.
Real Madrid: Diego Lopez, Coentrão, Sergio Ramos, Raul Albiol, Essien; Xabi Alonso, Khedira; C. Ronaldo, Modric, Ozil; Benzema
Atletico Madrid: Courtois, Felipe Luis, Godin, Miranda, Juanfran; Arda Turan, Mario Suarez, Gabi, Koke; Diego Costa, Falcao
- Updated: May 17, 2013