Atletico Madrid late show relegates Zaragoza; Celta Vigo avoid the drop beating Espanyol 1-0; Mallorca go down
- June 1, 2013
Zaragoza 1 – Atletico Madrid 3 (La Liga, June 1, 2013) Zaragoza finished bottom of the table after late goals from Arda Turan and Diego Costa (2) relegated the hosts.
Celta Vigo 1 – Espanyol 0 (La Liga, June 1, 2013) A single Natxo Insa goal gave the home side the win, which meant they finished in 17th place.
Mallorca 4 – Valladolid 2 (La Liga, June 1, 2013) Needing a win to have nay chance of staying up, the home side did its part with first-half goals from Alfaro and Jose Luis Marti for a 2-1 halftime lead. Giovani Dos Santos and Javier Marquez netted goals after the break for the hosts to secure the win, but Mallorca fell one point short after Celta Vigo’s 1-0 victory over Espanyol.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...