Atletico Madrid late show relegates Zaragoza; Celta Vigo avoid the drop beating Espanyol 1-0; Mallorca go down
- June 1, 2013
Zaragoza 1 – Atletico Madrid 3 (La Liga, June 1, 2013) Zaragoza finished bottom of the table after late goals from Arda Turan and Diego Costa (2) relegated the hosts.
Celta Vigo 1 – Espanyol 0 (La Liga, June 1, 2013) A single Natxo Insa goal gave the home side the win, which meant they finished in 17th place.
Mallorca 4 – Valladolid 2 (La Liga, June 1, 2013) Needing a win to have nay chance of staying up, the home side did its part with first-half goals from Alfaro and Jose Luis Marti for a 2-1 halftime lead. Giovani Dos Santos and Javier Marquez netted goals after the break for the hosts to secure the win, but Mallorca fell one point short after Celta Vigo’s 1-0 victory over Espanyol.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi