Nacional, Olimpia win through to last 16; The Strongest beat Sao Paulo; Newell’s thump Lara
- April 4, 2013
Nacional 4 – Toluca 0 (Copa Libertadores, April 4, 2013) Gonzalo Bueno netted a brace to go with an Israel Damonte effort and Ivan Alonso’s penalty.
The Strongest 2 – Sao Paulo 1 (Copa Libertadores, April 4, 2013) Nelvin Soliz had his early long-range strike wiped out by a penalty from Sao Paulo goalkeeper Rogerio Ceni, their regular spot-kick taker. But with the hour mark approaching Ceni then failed to grasp an ambitious shot from outside the penalty area from Ernesto Cristaldo, letting it creep past him for the winner.
Newell’s Old Boys 3 – Deportivo Lara 1 (Copa Libertadores, April 4, 2013) Ignacio Scocco scored twice for NEwell’s.
Universidad de Chile 0 – Olimpia 1 (Copa Libertadores, April 4, 2013) Paraguayans Olimpia also advanced thanks to a 1-0 win against Universidad de Chile, secured by Richard Ortiz’s strike in the 50th minute.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...