Nacional, Olimpia win through to last 16; The Strongest beat Sao Paulo; Newell’s thump Lara
- April 4, 2013
Nacional 4 – Toluca 0 (Copa Libertadores, April 4, 2013) Gonzalo Bueno netted a brace to go with an Israel Damonte effort and Ivan Alonso’s penalty.
The Strongest 2 – Sao Paulo 1 (Copa Libertadores, April 4, 2013) Nelvin Soliz had his early long-range strike wiped out by a penalty from Sao Paulo goalkeeper Rogerio Ceni, their regular spot-kick taker. But with the hour mark approaching Ceni then failed to grasp an ambitious shot from outside the penalty area from Ernesto Cristaldo, letting it creep past him for the winner.
Newell’s Old Boys 3 – Deportivo Lara 1 (Copa Libertadores, April 4, 2013) Ignacio Scocco scored twice for NEwell’s.
Universidad de Chile 0 – Olimpia 1 (Copa Libertadores, April 4, 2013) Paraguayans Olimpia also advanced thanks to a 1-0 win against Universidad de Chile, secured by Richard Ortiz’s strike in the 50th minute.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi