Nacional, Olimpia win through to last 16; The Strongest beat Sao Paulo; Newell’s thump Lara
- April 4, 2013
Nacional 4 – Toluca 0 (Copa Libertadores, April 4, 2013) Gonzalo Bueno netted a brace to go with an Israel Damonte effort and Ivan Alonso’s penalty.
The Strongest 2 – Sao Paulo 1 (Copa Libertadores, April 4, 2013) Nelvin Soliz had his early long-range strike wiped out by a penalty from Sao Paulo goalkeeper Rogerio Ceni, their regular spot-kick taker. But with the hour mark approaching Ceni then failed to grasp an ambitious shot from outside the penalty area from Ernesto Cristaldo, letting it creep past him for the winner.
Newell’s Old Boys 3 – Deportivo Lara 1 (Copa Libertadores, April 4, 2013) Ignacio Scocco scored twice for NEwell’s.
Universidad de Chile 0 – Olimpia 1 (Copa Libertadores, April 4, 2013) Paraguayans Olimpia also advanced thanks to a 1-0 win against Universidad de Chile, secured by Richard Ortiz’s strike in the 50th minute.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...