- Everton want to take Adnan Januzaj on loan from Man United this winter [People]
- Inter on the verge of a 6 month loan deal for Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski, will cost €1-2m [Gazzetta]
- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
Copa Sudamericana: Millonarios prove broke at Palmeiras; Universidad de Chile draw 2-2 with Emelec
Palmeiras 3 – Millonarios 1 (Copa Sudamericana, October 2, 2012) The Brazilian side took control of the round-of-16 tie with goals from Obina, Tiago Real and Luan but the Colombian outfit did sneak a crucial away goal through Palmeiras’ Artur who put the ball through his own net.
Universidad de Chile 2 – Emelec 2 (Copa Sudamericana, October 2, 2012) The visitors took the lead in the 17th minute, when Argentinian striker Luciano Figueroa finished off a Marcos Mondaini cross from the right, but Enzo Gutierrez equalised only two minutes later by heading in a Eugenio Mena delivery. Four minutes before half-time, Marlon de Jesus profited from a mistake by Universidad defender Charles Aranguiz to put Emelec ahead again. However, Sebastian Ubilla levelled up at 2-2 seconds after the interval after a cross by Jose Rojas.
- Updated: October 2, 2012