Copa Sudamericana: Diaz’s doozy sees Barcelona past Cobreloa; Cerro Porteno & Millonarios advance
- September 19, 2012
Barcelona Guayaquil 4 – Cobreloa 3 (Agg. 4-3) (Copa Sudamericana, September 19, 2012) Barcelona opened the scoring in the sixth minute when Michael Arroyo netted a long-distance shot, but Jose-Luis Diaz equalised two minutes later from a Cristian Canio assist. Jairo Campos put Barcelona ahead again after 17 minutes from a Matias Oyola corner which Cobreloa keeper Luciano Palos did not claim. Arroyo extended the lead but Juan Abarca reduced the deficit five minutes before half-time.Patricio Troncoso equalised 10 minutes after the break, but a bicycle kick by Damian Diaz sealed the win for Barcelona.
Cerro Porteno 4 – Mineros De Guayana 0 (Agg. 6-2) (Copa Sudamericana, September 19, 2012) Pedro Benitez gave Cerro Porteno the lead in the 32nd minute by heading in a Julio Dos Santos corner. Santiago Salcedo doubled the lead early in the second half following a defensive mistake. Jonathan Fabbro made it three in the 77th minutes and Roberto Nanni made it 4-0 in injury time.
Millonarios 1 – Guarani 1 (Agg. 5-3) (Copa Sudamericana, September 19, 2012) Carlos Daniel Hidalgo gave Guarani some hope by scoring in the first minute of the second half, but Omar Vasquez equalised after 67 minutes to set up a game against Brazilian side Palmeiras.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...