- Video of the incredible rain storm that suspended Estoril v PSV
- Robin van Persie set to be replaced by Radamel Falcao for Man United v Hull [Sun]
- BassBuds deny they were behind 3 Spurs-Partizan pitch invasions
- WOW! Samir Handanovic saves 6th (sixth!) consecutive penalty for Inter Milan v Dnipro
- TrollStation take credit for 3 pitch invasions during Spurs-Partizan 1st half
Copa Sudamericana: Diaz’s doozy sees Barcelona past Cobreloa; Cerro Porteno & Millonarios advance
Barcelona Guayaquil 4 – Cobreloa 3 (Agg. 4-3) (Copa Sudamericana, September 19, 2012) Barcelona opened the scoring in the sixth minute when Michael Arroyo netted a long-distance shot, but Jose-Luis Diaz equalised two minutes later from a Cristian Canio assist. Jairo Campos put Barcelona ahead again after 17 minutes from a Matias Oyola corner which Cobreloa keeper Luciano Palos did not claim. Arroyo extended the lead but Juan Abarca reduced the deficit five minutes before half-time.Patricio Troncoso equalised 10 minutes after the break, but a bicycle kick by Damian Diaz sealed the win for Barcelona.
Cerro Porteno 4 – Mineros De Guayana 0 (Agg. 6-2) (Copa Sudamericana, September 19, 2012) Pedro Benitez gave Cerro Porteno the lead in the 32nd minute by heading in a Julio Dos Santos corner. Santiago Salcedo doubled the lead early in the second half following a defensive mistake. Jonathan Fabbro made it three in the 77th minutes and Roberto Nanni made it 4-0 in injury time.
Millonarios 1 – Guarani 1 (Agg. 5-3) (Copa Sudamericana, September 19, 2012) Carlos Daniel Hidalgo gave Guarani some hope by scoring in the first minute of the second half, but Omar Vasquez equalised after 67 minutes to set up a game against Brazilian side Palmeiras.
- Updated: September 19, 2012