Copa Sudamericana: Diaz’s doozy sees Barcelona past Cobreloa; Cerro Porteno & Millonarios advance
- September 19, 2012
Barcelona Guayaquil 4 – Cobreloa 3 (Agg. 4-3) (Copa Sudamericana, September 19, 2012) Barcelona opened the scoring in the sixth minute when Michael Arroyo netted a long-distance shot, but Jose-Luis Diaz equalised two minutes later from a Cristian Canio assist. Jairo Campos put Barcelona ahead again after 17 minutes from a Matias Oyola corner which Cobreloa keeper Luciano Palos did not claim. Arroyo extended the lead but Juan Abarca reduced the deficit five minutes before half-time.Patricio Troncoso equalised 10 minutes after the break, but a bicycle kick by Damian Diaz sealed the win for Barcelona.
Cerro Porteno 4 – Mineros De Guayana 0 (Agg. 6-2) (Copa Sudamericana, September 19, 2012) Pedro Benitez gave Cerro Porteno the lead in the 32nd minute by heading in a Julio Dos Santos corner. Santiago Salcedo doubled the lead early in the second half following a defensive mistake. Jonathan Fabbro made it three in the 77th minutes and Roberto Nanni made it 4-0 in injury time.
Millonarios 1 – Guarani 1 (Agg. 5-3) (Copa Sudamericana, September 19, 2012) Carlos Daniel Hidalgo gave Guarani some hope by scoring in the first minute of the second half, but Omar Vasquez equalised after 67 minutes to set up a game against Brazilian side Palmeiras.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi