- Lying 16th, Dortmund fans explain their love of Jurgen Klopp after Arsenal defeat [Video]
- Arsene Wenger jokes about getting an easier draw in the Champions League
- Manchester United v Hull: Predicted line-ups, preview & betting tips
- Brendan Rodgers defends the form of Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard [Official Video]
- Prosecutor requests 8 month prison sentence for Brandao headbutt on PSG’s Thiago Motta [Video]
Copa Sudamericana: Deportivo Quito, Liga de Loja, Universidad Catolica & Emelec advance
Aurora 1 – Dep. Quito 3 (Agg. 2-5) (Copa Sudamericana, September 18, 2012) Argentinian forward Julio-Maximiliano Bevacqua put the Ecuadorian side ahead in the 14th minute following good work by Alex Bolanos. Luis Checa doubled the lead after 35 minutes when Isaac Mina headed down a Luis Saritama corner kick. Aurora were unable to recover, especially after Bevacqua made it 3-0 on the hour, before Pablo Olmedo reduced the deficit four minutes later with a header.
Nacional 1 – Liga de Loja 2* (Agg. 2-2) (Copa Sudamericana, September 18, 2012) Liga de Loja took the lead after 20 minutes as Johnny Uchuari headed in from a Carlos Feraud free-kick. Nacional equalised three minutes later as Adrian Luna converted a cross from Adrian Romero. With twelve minutes remaining Walter Calderon headed Armando Gomez’s long pass home to secure the win and Liga de Loja’s progress.
Tolima 3 – Universidad Catolica 1* (Agg. 3-3) (Copa Sudamericana, September 18, 2012) A 53rd-minute goal from Argentina midfielder Tomas Costa saw Chile’s Universidad Catolica sneak through after a 3-1 loss at Deportes Tolima. Heading into the home clash after a 2-0 away loss, Deportes Tolima made a dream start in their comeback bid.Fernando Cordero netted an own goal before Gerardo Vallejo levelled the tie when he made it 2-0 to the hosts on 43 minutes .Robin Ramirez put Deportes Tolima 3-0 ahead on the night just four minutes later, but Costa’s away goal sent Catolica through, setting up a meeting against Atletico Goianiense.
Emelec 0 – Olimpia 0 (Agg. 1-0) (Copa Sudamericana, September 18, 2012) Emelec meet reigning Copa Sudamericana champions Universidad de Chile in the next round.
- Updated: September 18, 2012