Copa Libertadores: Velez sink Iquique; San Jose draw with Corinthians; Caracas win at Huachipato; Gremio catch out Flu
- February 20, 2013
Velez Sarsfield 3 – Deportes Iquique 0 (Copa Libertadores, February 20, 2013) Velez opened the scoring through Federico Insua in the 24th minute. Ezequiel Rescaldani doubled the lead 10 minutes later with a left-foot strike and Velez made it 3-0 at the 68th, when Iquique defender Edson Puch headed a Fernando Gago free-kick into the back of his own net.
San Jose 1 – Corinthians 1 (Copa Libertadores, February 20, 2013) Peru striker Paolo Guerrero opened the scoring by finishing a Fabio Santos cross early in the fifth minute of the game, before Carlos Saucedo levelled the duel on the hour for San Jose.
Huachipato 1 – Caracas 3 (Copa Libertadores, February 20, 2013) Dany Cure put the visitors ahead in the 13th minute after a Claudio Munoz mistake and Louis Pena struck again for Caracas seconds before half-time. Another defensive mistake helped Louis Pena consolidate Caracas’ lead eight minutes after the interval with a lovely chip, while Miguel Aceval reduced the deficit with a free-kick goal at the 64th.
Fluminense 0 – Gremio 3 (Copa Libertadores, February 20, 2013) Gremio took the lead in the 32nd minute, when Hernan Barcos and Fluminense defender Bruno combined to turn the ball over the line. Nine minutes after the interval Andre Santos – a new signing from Arsenal – doubled the gap. Barcos turned creator in the 79th minute when he fed Chilean forward Eduardo Vargas, who made it 3-0.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]