- Cute! Angel Di Maria’s wife & daughter post Instagram pic showing their Man United love
- Scenes! Bayern Munich’s amazing away fans partying in unison at Man City [Fan Cam]
- QUITTER! Roy Keane ‘relinquished his role’ as Aston Villa assistant manager
- Wenger on Arsenal injuries: Szczesny hasn’t trained, Arteta out, Sanogo ‘problems’ & Welbeck knock
- Why Lionel Messi’s records don’t really matter, it’s about the way he plays football [Ray Hudson Raw]
Copa Libertadores: Tijuana stun Corinthians; Toluca tie with Barcelona; Libertad 2-2 draw with Cristal; Tigre edge Palmeiras; Huachipato hold Flu
Tijuana 1 – Corinthians 0 (Copa Libertadores, March 6, 2013) Argentine defender Javier Gandolfi scored the second half winner for overachieving Mexican minnows Tijuana.
Toluca 1 – Barcelona Guayaquil 1 (Copa Libertadores, March 6, 2013) Damian Diaz fired the Ecuadorian visitors ahead late in the first half, while Luis Tejada saved Toluca a point with a late equaliser.
Libertad 2 – Sporting Cristal 2 (Copa Libertadores, March 6, 2013) Irven Avila opened the scoring after 25 minutes for Sporting Cristal and Libertad missed a chance to level when Sergio Aquino failed to convert a penalty. And Avila’s second, scored with 20 minutes to go, looked like it would be enough to give Sporting Cristal all three points. But the hosts staged a valiant fightback and, buoyed by their home crowd, defender Pedro Benitez pulled a goal back on 68 minutes. And with just two minutes to play, Aquino set up Ariel Nunez for a dramatic equaliser.
Tigre 1 – Palmeiras 0 (Copa Libertadores, March 6, 2013) Gabriel Penalba grabbed the winner for Tigre.
Fluminense 1 – Huachipato 1 (Copa Libertadores, March 6, 2013) An error from the Chilean side’s goalie Nery Veloso led to a 29th minute penalty, from which Fred converted the game’s opening goal. Huachipato evened things up after 70 minutes when Nicolas Nuñez finished powerfully from close range after a dazzling piece of skill from Francisco Arrue.
- Updated: March 6, 2013