Copa Libertadores: Tijuana stun Corinthians; Toluca tie with Barcelona; Libertad 2-2 draw with Cristal; Tigre edge Palmeiras; Huachipato hold Flu
- March 6, 2013
Tijuana 1 – Corinthians 0 (Copa Libertadores, March 6, 2013) Argentine defender Javier Gandolfi scored the second half winner for overachieving Mexican minnows Tijuana.
Toluca 1 – Barcelona Guayaquil 1 (Copa Libertadores, March 6, 2013) Damian Diaz fired the Ecuadorian visitors ahead late in the first half, while Luis Tejada saved Toluca a point with a late equaliser.
Libertad 2 – Sporting Cristal 2 (Copa Libertadores, March 6, 2013) Irven Avila opened the scoring after 25 minutes for Sporting Cristal and Libertad missed a chance to level when Sergio Aquino failed to convert a penalty. And Avila’s second, scored with 20 minutes to go, looked like it would be enough to give Sporting Cristal all three points. But the hosts staged a valiant fightback and, buoyed by their home crowd, defender Pedro Benitez pulled a goal back on 68 minutes. And with just two minutes to play, Aquino set up Ariel Nunez for a dramatic equaliser.
Tigre 1 – Palmeiras 0 (Copa Libertadores, March 6, 2013) Gabriel Penalba grabbed the winner for Tigre.
Fluminense 1 – Huachipato 1 (Copa Libertadores, March 6, 2013) An error from the Chilean side’s goalie Nery Veloso led to a 29th minute penalty, from which Fred converted the game’s opening goal. Huachipato evened things up after 70 minutes when Nicolas Nuñez finished powerfully from close range after a dazzling piece of skill from Francisco Arrue.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...