- Chelsea’s stars & their wives attended Didier Drogba’s Charity Ball after the Man United game [Pictures]
- Former Liverpool keeper Diego Cavalieri horribly missed a penalty for Fluminense [Videos]
- Arsenal fans slam Wojciech Szczesny after the FA Cup win v Reading [Videos]
- Oscar’s sister got a picture with Eden Hazard after Chelsea’s win v Man United [Instagram]
- Claude & Ty argue after Arsenal beat Reading to reach the FA Cup final [Arsenal Fan TV]
Copa Libertadores: Tijuana stun Corinthians; Toluca tie with Barcelona; Libertad 2-2 draw with Cristal; Tigre edge Palmeiras; Huachipato hold Flu
- March 6, 2013
Tijuana 1 – Corinthians 0 (Copa Libertadores, March 6, 2013) Argentine defender Javier Gandolfi scored the second half winner for overachieving Mexican minnows Tijuana.
Toluca 1 – Barcelona Guayaquil 1 (Copa Libertadores, March 6, 2013) Damian Diaz fired the Ecuadorian visitors ahead late in the first half, while Luis Tejada saved Toluca a point with a late equaliser.
Libertad 2 – Sporting Cristal 2 (Copa Libertadores, March 6, 2013) Irven Avila opened the scoring after 25 minutes for Sporting Cristal and Libertad missed a chance to level when Sergio Aquino failed to convert a penalty. And Avila’s second, scored with 20 minutes to go, looked like it would be enough to give Sporting Cristal all three points. But the hosts staged a valiant fightback and, buoyed by their home crowd, defender Pedro Benitez pulled a goal back on 68 minutes. And with just two minutes to play, Aquino set up Ariel Nunez for a dramatic equaliser.
Tigre 1 – Palmeiras 0 (Copa Libertadores, March 6, 2013) Gabriel Penalba grabbed the winner for Tigre.
Fluminense 1 – Huachipato 1 (Copa Libertadores, March 6, 2013) An error from the Chilean side’s goalie Nery Veloso led to a 29th minute penalty, from which Fred converted the game’s opening goal. Huachipato evened things up after 70 minutes when Nicolas Nuñez finished powerfully from close range after a dazzling piece of skill from Francisco Arrue.