Copa Libertadores: Ronaldinho scores as Atletico Mineiro punish 10-man Sao Paulo; Emelec edge Fluminense 2-1
- May 2, 2013
Sao Paulo 1 – Atletico Mineiro 2 (Copa Libertadores, May 2, 2013) Sao Paulo took control of the game early on through Jadson’s eighth minute opener. Sao Paulo’s fortunes turned in the 35th minute when Lucio was sent off for a rash challenge on Bernard, and Atletico Mineiro responded. Ronaldinho headed them level four minutes before half-time and just before the hour mark Diego Tardelli struck what proved to be the winner from Marcos Rocha’s assist.
Emelec 2 – Fluminense 1 (Copa Libertadores, May 2, 2013) Emelec got the breakthrough in the 32nd minute but needed Fluminense Leandro Euzebio to score an own goal on their behalf. But the Brazilians were level before the break with Wagner firing home after Emelec failed to clear their lines. An even second half turned in the 85th minute when Carlinhos fouled Mondaini in the penalty area and Fernando Gaibor dispatched the spot-kick.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi