- Claude & Ty argue after Arsenal beat Reading to reach the FA Cup final [Arsenal Fan TV]
- Eden Hazard celebrated earning Chelsea an “important 3 points” v Man United [Official Video]
- Chelsea’s win marked the 25th consecutive year that Liverpool have mathematically failed to win the title
- The sad story of how Paulo Cesar sold his 1970 World Cup winners medal for cocaine [L’Equipe]
- Most of Man United’s Class of ’92 went out for dinner with Andy Cole on Saturday night [Picture]
Copa Libertadores: Penarol win in Iquique; Atletico-MG edge Sao Paulo; Toluca stun Boca; Flu win at Caracas
- February 13, 2013
Deportes Iquique 1 – Penarol 2 (Copa Libertadores, February 13, 2013) Penarol took a fifth-minute lead through Fabian Estoyanoff before the Chilean hosts equalised on the hour-mark. Manuel Villalobos was the beneficiary after a well-worked corner, tapping in an Edson Puch cutback. Penarol would find a winner thanks to Juan Olivera on 72 minutes as he applied the simplest of finishes after some poor defending had allowed Estoyanoff in behind.
Atletico-MG 2 – Sao Paulo 1 (Copa Libertadores, February 13, 2013) Atletico Mineiro recorded a 2-1 win at home to Sao Paulo as Jo and Rever got on the scoresheet before Aloisio pulled a goal back for the visitors.
Boca Juniors 1 – Toluca 2 (Copa Libertadores, February 13, 2013) Santiago Silva drilled in a 23rd-minute penalty for Boca after the tricky Lautaro Acosta had been brought down. Carlos Gerardo Rodriguez missed a spot-kick for Toluca in the 52nd minute before they equalised through substitute Carlos Esquivel, who broke the offside trap and finished off a well-weighted Sinha pass. The 73rd-minute winner was scored in stunning fashion, as Edgar Benitez was played through by Sinha before chipping stranded goalkeeper Agustin Orion from the edge of the area.
Real Garcilaso 1 – Santa Fe 1 (Copa Libertadores, February 13, 2013) Peruvian side Real Garcilaso and Colombia’s Independiente Santa Fe played out a 1-1 draw in their opening match of the tournament.
Caracas 0 – Fluminense 1 (Copa Libertadores, February 13, 2013) A 32nd-minute winner from Fred saw Fluminense to a 1-0 win at Caracas, with the striker capitalising on a fortuitous rebound to bury his effort into the top corner.