Copa Libertadores: Penarol edge Emelec; Tijuana mug off Millonarios; Nacional win 3-2 at Toluca; Olimpia school Univ. de Chile
- February 19, 2013
Penarol 1 – Emelec 0 (Copa Libertadores, February 19, 2013) Penarol beat Emelec thanks to Juan Manuel Olivera’s 68th minute winner.
Millonarios 0 – Club Tijuana 1 (Copa Libertadores, February 19, 2013) Richard Ruiz scored the game’s only goal to earn last season’s shock Mexican champs a debut win in the competition.
Olimpia Asuncion 3 – Universidad de Chile 0 (Copa Libertadores, February 19, 2013) Uruguayan striker Juan-Manuel Salgueiro put Olimpia ahead after just 75 seconds with a long-range strike and in the eighth minute Richard Ortiz headed home to make it two. Three minutes after the interval, defender Salustiano Candia cashed in on a defensive mistake by Paulo Magalhaes to make it 3-0. Magalhaes was then sent-off after 69 minutes for elbowing Ortiz.
Toluca 2 – Club Nacional 3 (Copa Libertadores, February 19, 2013) Toluca took the lead in the 22nd minute thanks to a Luis Tejada header, but Nacional levelled before the break through Vicente Sanchez. Edgar Benitez restored Toluca’s lead in the 52, but the Uruguayuan visitors turned the match as Sanchez notched his brace and Ivan Alonso bagged the winner.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi