- Slip FAIL! Sao Paulo’s Alan Kardec incredibly bad penalty v Atletico Nacional [Video]
- Venezuelan Emilio Renteria suffers racist abuse in Chile, halts match & may quit the league
- Borussia Dortmund’s players thanked their fans for their efforts after Arsenal defeat [Pictures]
- Chelsea U21 star Charly Musonda shows his keepy-uppy skills with a sock ball [Instagram]
- Eriksen & Pochettino: Partizan match is a “must win” for Spurs [video]
Copa Libertadores: Penarol edge Emelec; Tijuana mug off Millonarios; Nacional win 3-2 at Toluca; Olimpia school Univ. de Chile
Penarol 1 - Emelec 0 (Copa Libertadores, February 19, 2013) Penarol beat Emelec thanks to Juan Manuel Olivera’s 68th minute winner.
Millonarios 0 - Club Tijuana 1 (Copa Libertadores, February 19, 2013) Richard Ruiz scored the game’s only goal to earn last season’s shock Mexican champs a debut win in the competition.
Olimpia Asuncion 3 - Universidad de Chile 0 (Copa Libertadores, February 19, 2013) Uruguayan striker Juan-Manuel Salgueiro put Olimpia ahead after just 75 seconds with a long-range strike and in the eighth minute Richard Ortiz headed home to make it two. Three minutes after the interval, defender Salustiano Candia cashed in on a defensive mistake by Paulo Magalhaes to make it 3-0. Magalhaes was then sent-off after 69 minutes for elbowing Ortiz.
Toluca 2 – Club Nacional 3 (Copa Libertadores, February 19, 2013) Toluca took the lead in the 22nd minute thanks to a Luis Tejada header, but Nacional levelled before the break through Vicente Sanchez. Edgar Benitez restored Toluca’s lead in the 52, but the Uruguayuan visitors turned the match as Sanchez notched his brace and Ivan Alonso bagged the winner.
- Updated: February 19, 2013