Copa Libertadores: Penarol edge Emelec; Tijuana mug off Millonarios; Nacional win 3-2 at Toluca; Olimpia school Univ. de Chile
- February 19, 2013
Penarol 1 – Emelec 0 (Copa Libertadores, February 19, 2013) Penarol beat Emelec thanks to Juan Manuel Olivera’s 68th minute winner.
Millonarios 0 – Club Tijuana 1 (Copa Libertadores, February 19, 2013) Richard Ruiz scored the game’s only goal to earn last season’s shock Mexican champs a debut win in the competition.
Olimpia Asuncion 3 – Universidad de Chile 0 (Copa Libertadores, February 19, 2013) Uruguayan striker Juan-Manuel Salgueiro put Olimpia ahead after just 75 seconds with a long-range strike and in the eighth minute Richard Ortiz headed home to make it two. Three minutes after the interval, defender Salustiano Candia cashed in on a defensive mistake by Paulo Magalhaes to make it 3-0. Magalhaes was then sent-off after 69 minutes for elbowing Ortiz.
Toluca 2 – Club Nacional 3 (Copa Libertadores, February 19, 2013) Toluca took the lead in the 22nd minute thanks to a Luis Tejada header, but Nacional levelled before the break through Vicente Sanchez. Edgar Benitez restored Toluca’s lead in the 52, but the Uruguayuan visitors turned the match as Sanchez notched his brace and Ivan Alonso bagged the winner.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...