Copa Libertadores: Newell’s knock out Velez on away goals; Riquelme’s golazo lifts Boca past Corinthians
- May 15, 2013
Velez Sarsfield 1 – Newell’s Old Boys 2* (Agg. 2-2) (Copa Libertadores, May 15, 2013) Goals from Milton Casco amd Ignacio Scocco gave Newell’s Old Boys a 2-0 lead before Facundo Ferreyra’s 83rd-minute strike set up a frantic finish.
Corinthians 1 – Boca Juniors 1 (Agg. 1-2) (Copa Libertadores, May 15, 2013) Boca took the lead against the run of play after 25 minutes, with veteran Juan Riquelme blasting an unstoppable shot past Cassio in the Corinthians goal. Paulinho gave the hosts hope, heading home Emerson Sheik’s cross six minutes after half-time to put the scores level on the night.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]