- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Copa Libertadores: Newell’s knock out Velez on away goals; Riquelme’s golazo lifts Boca past Corinthians
Velez Sarsfield 1 – Newell’s Old Boys 2* (Agg. 2-2) (Copa Libertadores, May 15, 2013) Goals from Milton Casco amd Ignacio Scocco gave Newell’s Old Boys a 2-0 lead before Facundo Ferreyra’s 83rd-minute strike set up a frantic finish.
Corinthians 1 – Boca Juniors 1 (Agg. 1-2) (Copa Libertadores, May 15, 2013) Boca took the lead against the run of play after 25 minutes, with veteran Juan Riquelme blasting an unstoppable shot past Cassio in the Corinthians goal. Paulinho gave the hosts hope, heading home Emerson Sheik’s cross six minutes after half-time to put the scores level on the night.
- Updated: May 15, 2013