Copa Libertadores: Newell’s knock out Velez on away goals; Riquelme’s golazo lifts Boca past Corinthians
- May 15, 2013
Velez Sarsfield 1 – Newell’s Old Boys 2* (Agg. 2-2) (Copa Libertadores, May 15, 2013) Goals from Milton Casco amd Ignacio Scocco gave Newell’s Old Boys a 2-0 lead before Facundo Ferreyra’s 83rd-minute strike set up a frantic finish.
Corinthians 1 – Boca Juniors 1 (Agg. 1-2) (Copa Libertadores, May 15, 2013) Boca took the lead against the run of play after 25 minutes, with veteran Juan Riquelme blasting an unstoppable shot past Cassio in the Corinthians goal. Paulinho gave the hosts hope, heading home Emerson Sheik’s cross six minutes after half-time to put the scores level on the night.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...