Copa Libertadores: Libertad draw with Sporting Cristal; Velez pound Penarol; Newell’s stun La U; Caracas get past Gremio
- March 12, 2013
Sporting Cristal 1 – Libertad 1 (Copa Libertadores, March 12, 2013) Libertad went ahead in the 52nd minute, with a powerful strike by Pablo Velazquez, before Irven Avila equalised.
Velez Sarsfield 3 – Penarol 1 (Copa Libertadores, March 12, 2013) Penarol took the lead in the 24th minute, when Fabian Estoyanoff converted a penalty, but Velez equalised four minutes later when a free-kick deflected off Penarol keeper Enrique Bologna’s back before it went in. After 74 minutes Federico Insua gave Velez the lead with a penalty, before Jonathan Copete consolidated the win three minutes later with his first goal for the club.
Universidad de Chile 0 – Newell’s Old Boys 2 (Copa Libertadores, March 12, 2013) Maximiliano Rodriguez (18) and Martin Tonso (83) gave Newell’s victory.
Caracas 2 – Gremio 1 (Copa Libertadores, March 12, 2013) Elano put Gremio ahead in the 16th minute, but Angelo Pena equalised in first-half injury time. Eder Farias gave Caracas the win 21 minutes after the interval.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi