Copa Libertadores: Libertad draw with Sporting Cristal; Velez pound Penarol; Newell’s stun La U; Caracas get past Gremio
- March 12, 2013
Sporting Cristal 1 – Libertad 1 (Copa Libertadores, March 12, 2013) Libertad went ahead in the 52nd minute, with a powerful strike by Pablo Velazquez, before Irven Avila equalised.
Velez Sarsfield 3 – Penarol 1 (Copa Libertadores, March 12, 2013) Penarol took the lead in the 24th minute, when Fabian Estoyanoff converted a penalty, but Velez equalised four minutes later when a free-kick deflected off Penarol keeper Enrique Bologna’s back before it went in. After 74 minutes Federico Insua gave Velez the lead with a penalty, before Jonathan Copete consolidated the win three minutes later with his first goal for the club.
Universidad de Chile 0 – Newell’s Old Boys 2 (Copa Libertadores, March 12, 2013) Maximiliano Rodriguez (18) and Martin Tonso (83) gave Newell’s victory.
Caracas 2 – Gremio 1 (Copa Libertadores, March 12, 2013) Elano put Gremio ahead in the 16th minute, but Angelo Pena equalised in first-half injury time. Eder Farias gave Caracas the win 21 minutes after the interval.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...