- Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford scores classy equaliser for Middlesbrough at Wigan
- Incredible goalkeeper throw assist from Iran! Alireza Beiranvand (Naft Tehran) v Tractor Sazi [Video]
- Steward took ‘Wenger Out’ poster out an Arsenal fan’s hands at the Man United game [Pictures]
- RISK FREE: Back Southampton to beat Aston Villa at 5/1 + money back if you lose!!!!
- Awesome scissors kick Golazo! Yann Kermorgant for Bournemouth v Ipswich
Scottish League Cup semis: St Mirren shock Celtic 3-2, Hearts break Inverness on penalties
St Mirren 3 – Celtic 2 (League Cup semi-final, January 27, 2013) The Buddies got off to the perfect start, Newcastle loanee Conor Newton picking out fellow new boy Esmi Goncalves to poke a finish beyond Lukas Zaluska. The Saints continued to have the best of the play but were dealt a potential hammer blow when Gary Hooper beat the offside trap to level the tie with the last touch of the first half. Things appeared to go from bad to worse for St Mirren after the break when Jim Goodwin was penalised for a hand ball in the box. Charlie Mulgrew stepped up but was denied by a fine Craig Samson save. That proved a decisive intervention as Mulgrew then gave away a penalty which was finished perfectly by former Celt Paul McGowan. The match was put firmly in the Paisley men’s hands when Steven Thompson swept home a fine finish to make it 3-2.
Inverness CT 1 – Hearts 1 (Pens 4-5) (League Cup semi-final, January 26, 2013) Phillip Roberts missed the crucial spot-kick as Hearts beat Inverness on penalties to reach the Scottish Communities League Cup final.
- Updated: January 27, 2013