- WTF?! Atletico Madrid’s Arda Turan booked for throwing his boot at linesman [Video]
- Stoke assistant Mark Bowen admits interest in Barcelona youngsters like Adama Traore after Bojan injury
- Incredible! Fernando Torres scored after 38 seconds for Atletico v Barcelona [Video & Graphic]
- Golazo! Real Valladolid striker Jonathan Pereira scores Bergkamp-esque goal against Mallorca [Vine]
- Gabriel gives his first interview since becoming an Arsenal player [Video]
Scottish League Cup semis: St Mirren shock Celtic 3-2, Hearts break Inverness on penalties
St Mirren 3 – Celtic 2 (League Cup semi-final, January 27, 2013) The Buddies got off to the perfect start, Newcastle loanee Conor Newton picking out fellow new boy Esmi Goncalves to poke a finish beyond Lukas Zaluska. The Saints continued to have the best of the play but were dealt a potential hammer blow when Gary Hooper beat the offside trap to level the tie with the last touch of the first half. Things appeared to go from bad to worse for St Mirren after the break when Jim Goodwin was penalised for a hand ball in the box. Charlie Mulgrew stepped up but was denied by a fine Craig Samson save. That proved a decisive intervention as Mulgrew then gave away a penalty which was finished perfectly by former Celt Paul McGowan. The match was put firmly in the Paisley men’s hands when Steven Thompson swept home a fine finish to make it 3-2.
Inverness CT 1 – Hearts 1 (Pens 4-5) (League Cup semi-final, January 26, 2013) Phillip Roberts missed the crucial spot-kick as Hearts beat Inverness on penalties to reach the Scottish Communities League Cup final.
- Updated: January 27, 2013