Samaras overhead & Hooper chip guide Celtic to 2-0 win at Dundee; Inverness draw allows Motherwell to go joint 3rd
- December 26, 2012
Motherwell 4 – Aberdeen 1 (SPL, December 26, 2012) Motherwell turned in one of their best performances of the season as goals by Tom Hateley, Jamie Murphy (2) and Michael Higdon helped them to a 4-1 win over Aberdeen at Fir Park in the SPL. The Dons created plenty chances of their own in an entertaining match but only beat Darren Randolph once through Jonny Hayes and, in fact, the defeat could have been worse for Craig Brown’s men had Jamie Langfield not saved a late penalty.
Kilmarnock 1 – Hearts 0 (SPL, December 26, 2012) A penalty by Liam Kelly midway through the first half was enough to give Kilmarnock a 1-0 win over Hearts in the Boxing Day clash at Rugby Park in the SPL.
Inverness 2 – St. Mirren 2 (SPL, December 26, 2012) Dougie Imrie gave St Mirren the lead after only two minutes but Andrew Shinnie scored a brilliant equaliser for the hosts before half time. Steven Thompson put Danny Lennon’s side back in front in the second half but Richie Foran equalised again before a flurry of late chances were wasted at either end in a breathtaking finish.
Hibernian 0 – Ross County 1 (SPL, December 26, 2012) Hibernian lost for the fifth time in their last seven matches as Richard Brittain’s second half header was enough to give Ross County a crucial three-points at Easter Road in the SPL.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...