Celtic edge Motherwell 1-0; Dundee lose at St. Johnstone to stay rock bottom; Dons draw with United; St Mirren held by Killie
- January 2, 2013
Celtic 1 – Motherwell 0 (SPL, January 2, 2012) A shocking Jamie Murphy dive, was followed up an excellent penalty save from Fraser Forster, denying Tom Hateley the chance for Motherwell to take the lead. Moments later, on 79, Gary Hooper won it from a Samaras cross.
St. Johnstone 1 – Dundee 0 (SPL, January 2, 2012) Liam Craig’s 33rd minute goal at McDiarmid Park gave St Johnstone their first win in seven SPL games but heaped more misery on Dundee, who suffered their fourth consecutive defeat and stay rooted to the foot of the SPL table.
Aberdeen 2 – Dundee United 2 (SPL, January 2, 2012) Scott Vernon gave Aberdeen an early lead but Gavin Gunning and a Jamie Langfield own goal put United ahead at half time, before Niall McGinn’s second half strike – his 14th Premier League goal of the season – squared the match again.
St. Mirren 1 – Kilmarnock 1 (SPL, January 2, 2012) Liam Kelly and Paul McGowan both scored penalties as St Mirren and Kilmarnock drew 1-1.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi