Celtic edge Motherwell 1-0; Dundee lose at St. Johnstone to stay rock bottom; Dons draw with United; St Mirren held by Killie
- January 2, 2013
Celtic 1 – Motherwell 0 (SPL, January 2, 2012) A shocking Jamie Murphy dive, was followed up an excellent penalty save from Fraser Forster, denying Tom Hateley the chance for Motherwell to take the lead. Moments later, on 79, Gary Hooper won it from a Samaras cross.
St. Johnstone 1 – Dundee 0 (SPL, January 2, 2012) Liam Craig’s 33rd minute goal at McDiarmid Park gave St Johnstone their first win in seven SPL games but heaped more misery on Dundee, who suffered their fourth consecutive defeat and stay rooted to the foot of the SPL table.
Aberdeen 2 – Dundee United 2 (SPL, January 2, 2012) Scott Vernon gave Aberdeen an early lead but Gavin Gunning and a Jamie Langfield own goal put United ahead at half time, before Niall McGinn’s second half strike – his 14th Premier League goal of the season – squared the match again.
St. Mirren 1 – Kilmarnock 1 (SPL, January 2, 2012) Liam Kelly and Paul McGowan both scored penalties as St Mirren and Kilmarnock drew 1-1.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...