- Arsenal negotiating with Palermo to lower asking price for £31m-rated Paulo Dybala [Fichajes]
- Manchester United may sit in fourth place but that position flatters them [Graphic]
- Arsenal competing with Man United and Chelsea to sign Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane [Star]
- Flashback Friday! Caller can’t understand why (Finnish) goalkeeper Antti Niemi hasn’t been called up for Scotland
- Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers tries his luck on Mastermind [Parody Video]
Swedes Elm & Wernbloom guide CSKA to Moscow derby win over Lokomotiv; Anji takedown Terek
CSKA Moscow 2 – Lokomotiv Moscow 1 (Russian Premier League, November 4, 2012) Rasmus Elm placed CSKA in front from a fine free-kick. Andrey Eschenko equalised with a speculative effort that Igor Akinfeev probably should have dealt with. Pontus Wernbloom won it for CSKA in the 92nd minute.
Anji Makhachkala 3 – Terek Grozny 1 (Russian Premier League, November 4, 2012) Mbark Boussoufa put Anji ahead on nine minutes, and the hosts doubled their lead in the 19th minute through Lacina Traore’ssimple tap-in. Traore turned villain on 53 minutes, hacking down Igor Lebedenko in the area for Bulgarian midfielder Blagoy Georgiev to covert the resulting penalty with a delectable chip. But Anzhi restored the two-goal cushion ten minutes later when Christopher Samba scored from a dead-ball.
Krasnodar 2 – Dinamo Moscow 0 (Russian Premier League, November 4, 2012) Wanderson and a glorious second from Moussa Konate sealed the win.
- Updated: November 4, 2012